HP Envy 8 Note - One Month Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Bishop, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

What else should it be about? Isn't tablets our only common interest here?

2. WalterRick64

WalterRick64 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good evening, I'm from Peru and I just bought the HP Envy Note 8 on Ebay, it's refurbished but it works very well.
    I have the following doubts:
    1.-What other type of pen to use ??? What brand?
    2.- Can I uninstall the HP applications ?? Such as: HP Support solutions, HP welcome, HP eprint sw, etc. will still work all normal ?? ...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

You can use the Bamboo Smart pen for select 2 in 1 which I am also using for my tablet. You can pretty much uninstall those and just download your drivers directly from their website.

WalterRick64 likes this.
  4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you back with the HPE8N?
    I find it to b great 8"ER!

5. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am! Its been of most use to me off site. I do wish it were faster and had a more svelte form factor - however its good for what it is.

I looked at your signature and see you too were an HP Slate 500 user. I do feel I was more impressed by the Slate all those years ago! I too pre-ordered it and waited an obscenely long time to get it. Coincidentally, the long wait was the reason I sold mine. I was broke and in school at the time so when the marketplace price accordingly jumped to an obscene $1200 I couldn't not opt to sell it.

Bronsky likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Loved my Slate 500. It really started my obsession with portability. Hard to believe that I stuck with the anemic single core atom as the primary companion device to my X301 Thinkpad notebook for over two years.
    I had forgotten about the price escolation. I ordered on day one and was in that small group that shipped early. I think I still have the slate around hete somewhere but it has a broken display.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    sonichedgehog360 and ships10 like this.
  7. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Would be great to see a photo of the two devices together. As anemic as the Slate 500 was, my other ultraportable tablet was the Archos9 - a svelte machine with a (yuck) resistive stylus and an even more anemic processor. I struggled with using that in school to just underline and highlight PDFs.

ships10 and Bronsky like this.
  8. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know what the different skus on this Envy 8 Note mean? I see on EBay 5000, 5002, 5003, and 5009, but they all seem to be identical. ?