HP Envy 8 Note - One Month Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Bishop, Dec 12, 2015.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dell uses a Wacom AES pen in the newer Venue 8 Pro and Venue 10 Pro tablets. Speaking of its performance, many here voiced very positive impressions when using this pen on the Venue 10 Pro and the same is likely to be expected on the new Venue 8 Pro. Conversely, I, too, felt like my writing reverted to kindergartner crayon scribbles with leaky ink using the Synaptec pens that the older Venue products use.

southdunes and WillAdams like this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Hope you enjoy it. I didn't know that. Truth is i uninstalled notes hub and HP instant note. my workflow uses custom OneNote templates. note hub wasn't helpful to me.

3. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

I will have to read up on the new Dell tech. Thanks

4. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using a xiaomi 5000mAH mobile battery pack, it's capable of 5V/2A output and charges HP envy note 8 perfectly fine. The good thing about this tablet is it charges relatively fast (compared with surface 3/asus vivo tab note 8). During my daily use i don't find battery life a concern.

5. fio

fio Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your comments about mobile batteries. I myself recently have got an Anker's one, 16000mAh. I hope this will work well for me.
    Many thanks again

6. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

you're welcome :) 16000mAh battery should give this device close to 3 full charges. I think fast charging is a big plus. D75_1212.jpg

Bishop likes this.
  7. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

You can get HP notes Hub from the windows App store, however i haven't been able to find a way to get instant note either and its one of the reasons i bought the device. The only thing i can think is a recovery file/back up from a non windows store model which would have the software built in. i even went on hp's site and selected the model they sell as my model and could not find a way to download the program. Unless there is a way for someone with the program to make a copy of it or something i think windows store edition owners are SOL.

8. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

oh and i think it's on the other Envy 8 note thread but someone posted a link to purchase the stylus and keyboard direct from hp. iirc the stylus was 40ish (maybe 50) and the keyboard was only 56 which means the buying the keyboard after the face would be cheaper than buying them bundled initially. i'll see if i can find the link.

9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At any given time, there are about 73 background processes running on my device and I figure it the reason I 'm not getting past 3 to 4hrs of usage on this thing. anyone with any advice on which processes to kill off without affecting the core ones?

10. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, I'm tired of how slow and buggy this device is. One thing after another hangs or crashes while I'm trying to work. Browser slow, mail dies, handwriting input box hangs. It's a slow as my original Dell V8P, but at least the pen work great...

nnthemperor likes this.