HP Envy 8 Note - One Month Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Bishop, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Would you guys recommend this tablet for strictly note taking and ebook viewing?

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Great for note taking and eBook viewing and at the current discounted price that some people in the US have reported. It's a great buy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Win10AU, I think, makes the tablet faster. I use mine for Browsing, reading News, Outlook email and OneNote. It works well for me but the pen is very slick on the glass. A more rubberized nub would be better.I read pdfs with mine and that also works well but I don't like using the desktop or Win10 version of Kindle software.

4. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the tablet heat up in areas where you would be resting your palms on while writing? I have a dell venue 11 pro 7140 and it heats up to fairly noticeable warmth while writing.

5. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

At times, the upper right quadrant (in portrait mode) gets warm. It isn't a big deal for me. Far worse is that Edge is still slow and buggy and on a slow machine like the HP, it can be a test in anger management to use it.

6. nnthemperor

Yes, it does get noticeably hot, especially since the AU. No deal breaker though. Websites still keep crashing in edge. Chrome also works well, Burt the write on page feature on edge is a cool ones to use.

7. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm.. I really want to consider this tablet only if it doesn't get warm as much as my current one. As I do not have any way to confirm that, I guess I'm at an impasse here as far as that concern goes.

Thanks guys for responding.

8. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

How would you guys compare the Envy Note 8 vs the Toshiba Encore 2 Write 8? I know that the latter has an older Bay Trail and has only 720HD screen but can the 64GB storage make the Write 8 a relatively good pick if I can get it for 120$? Or would the Envy Note 8 still be more worth it at 230$ with keyboard ?

9. nnthemperor

You can get the HP at a much cheaper price now, so i guess it'll be the better choice. Better to research it.

10. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally ordered one for myself. I was so close in pulling the trigger for a Chinese tablet but good thing a cheap listing showed up. I really just need a handy note-taking companion tablet and from everything I've read in this thread I think (hopefully) this tablet will do a good job for me!

Can you guys recommend a case with a pen slot or whatever you guys are using to hold your pens? Thanks!