HP ElitePad Owner Discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by penname, Feb 9, 2013.

1. e4dorla

e4dorla Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running Windows 10 on my Elitepad 1000 and for the most part it has been working fine. I applied 1511 when it came out and things started to go downhill from there.

There was an update applied last night via Windows Update and my Elitepad has now taken a turn for the worst. The Windows key stopped working and the Action Center won't open.

Anyone else having these problems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. asfletch

asfletch Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm not so far - hope mine's not just about to suffer same fate.

On the other hand, for the last week or so I've been having a weird issue with noise through the tablet speakers - sounds a lot like a short/grounding issue where you hear the computer working (ssd access, CPU load etc) through the speakers. There was even some loud screeching when I launched Tweetdeck the other day - didn't sit too well with office mates!

Not sure whether it's the HP Slate drivers which I updated about a month ago or something to do with Windows. Of course, the other possibility is it's developed a hardware fault - don't really want to believe that.

3. e4dorla

e4dorla Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone please confirm the correct driver date and version for the Broadcom 802.11 abgn Wireless SDIO adapter for the Elitepad 1000? I'm noticing slow performance when surfing the web, etc.

I've tried to force an update from Device Manager, but it seems odd that I'm running Windows 10 and the driver date is 10/02/2013 version 5.93.98.187.

Thank you,

Derrick[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. asfletch

Mine's dated 12/11/2014 (Australian format, so that's 12th of November). Updating, through Windows or Softpaq DM, never works for me - I downloaded this one directly from the HP support site (was called sp70884).

5. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Mine is dated 4/26/2015 driver 5.93.104.5

I believe it came from Windows 10 Update.

6. asfletch

Interesting. With the auto updates, you'd think we'd all be on the same version. Oh well, at least mine works [touch wood] ;)

7. walker145

walker145 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello i just brought a Hp elitepad 900. when i start it, it gives message like boot device not found. I am trying to boot with usb memory stick. it does not work when comes to windows 8 setup.. can anyone help me?

8. nannlp

nannlp Pen Pal - Newbie

are sure the device has a hdd (emmc)?

turn off the device and while power on again, press the volume down key

this will take you the BIOS menu, here click the BOOT OPTIONS and make sure the device is made to boot from the Hard drive as first option

alternatively if you think the hdd is corrupt, in the boot options menu select USB drive and boot into a USB drive so that you can re-install windows afresh.

9. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seeing an issue with Win10 where the Elitepad 900 wifi switches off overnight.

Anyone else seeing the same? Pic is device mgr, shows driver version 3.7.1.8

Attached Files:

10. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

Not seeing that problem on my Elitepad 900 with Win 10. I confirmed I'm using the same driver version.