HP ElitePad Owner Discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by penname, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

Your comments make sense, my initial remarks on price were based on incorrect pricing that I saw for the new 1000.

Being the cheapest guy on the planet I always question pricing, but as you pointed out HP wasn't thinking of me with these tablets. Nice to know the accessories will be around for a while still.

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Just a quick note - I picked up the Expansion Jacket Cover and today is the first day of using it in the real world (as opposed to sitting in my easy chair fiddling with it). So far I like the feature of opening the cover to turn it on and close the cover to send it into sleep mode. It does add bulk since it snaps around the perimeter of the jacket but it saves me from carrying my zipper portfolio so the overall size is less from what I normally carry. It also has a pen loop so having the pen right there with it is nice. I may even use the pen lanyard now!

penname and fkp123 like this.
  3. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the report. I have a business trip at the end of the month so I think I'm going to buy a cover to test out while traveling.

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

What is pretty cool about the Elitepad that most people visiting here just don't get is that this thing is like a Lego set (sorry for the brand mixing here). It is an entire eco system where one can now change the device to the 1000 (for instance) and get an instant upgrade while retaining the same functionality. I enjoy using it personally....

5. sequoia464

HP does have a broad array of accessories, probably my next purchase will be the productivity jacket.

. I'm using a Microsoft wedge keyboard now for those occasional times that I need to work on a spreadsheet or word document. It is actually a pretty nice solution but the productivity jacket looks interesting.

I have the cover and the expansion jacket also - seldom use the expansion jacket but it is nice to have when I need it.

6. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

The cover came this morning and I love it so far. I actually lost the top to my Expansion Jacket on my last business trip. Putting the ElitePad and the topless expansion jacket into the cover works out great. A little loose without the top but good compromise to keep everything together and protected until I get a new top. The pen holder is a nice touch also.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, this is how I would have configured the expansion jacket from the beginning. That or put the extra battery capability in the productivity jacket. But that is just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like...

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

8. sequoia464

I know, I think I saw a March or April release indicated somewhere??

They are just now starting to be available direct from Lenovo .. ThinkPad 8 Dockable Windows 8 Business Tablet | Lenovo (US) .. don't know if they are actually shipping or not, Amazon has them available for pre-order, don't remember if they give a shipping date.

I was initially interested in the Lenovo, but I'm thinking it might be a bit too small, at least for my tired old eyes. Probably going to just stay with my 900 for a while, although the new elitepad 1000, being a 64 bit machine, is very interesting.

Edit: the Lenovo site estimates shipping on 3/27

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  9. bilkar713

bilkar713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep Rick those are the two I pulled but they are too small. I picked some up at Home Depot they are M2 that I ground down to 3/16 inch long. Painted them black and they are beautiful !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bilkar713

bilkar713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes those are the two I pulled but then were M1 and I needed M2. I pick up a pair at Home Depot and ground them down to 3/16 inch long.

Painted them black and the fit beautifully !

No more slipping the top off my expansion cover.

Thanks
    Bil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.