HP ElitePad Owner Discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by penname, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

Yes, there are two screws mounted inside the jacket for this purpose

Rick

2. bilkar713

bilkar713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Rick I pulled these two screws but they are too small. I have ordered a couple from the Internet but the treads were wrong. Does HP have a spec I can use for ordering them from the web ?
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Bil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

I just tried to update the BIOS on my elitepad and it’s asking for a password.

I cannot remember setting a password and thus appear to be stuck!!

Is there any way to reset the BIOS password ?

Thanks,

Greg

4. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

If you look at the photo in the link below you can see two black screws along the edge above the HP logo. Hope this helps

Rick

http://regmedia.co.uk/2013/04/05/hp_elitepad_900_windows_8_pro_tablet_5.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Rick,
    Anything you can tell us about MWC 2014? Should we be listening for any *new* announcements or not?

I know, you cannot say. However, if something does go out could you let us know instead of having to pour over the search engines every day? ;)

6. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

Blowout sale on ElitePad 900 bundles. 64 GB model with docking station, expansion jacket/battery for $677. 32 GB model (no bundle) only $600. Must be inventory clearance time now that the ElitePad 1000 G2 has been announced.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    dceggert likes this.
  7. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

$600 for the 32 gb model??? Very generous of HP.

Isn't the new HP Omni 32 gb tablet with a much better screen and an updated processor selling for under $400 - even occasionally $350?? Office included.

Like my 900 for the most part (32 gb model - huge mistake going with only 32 gb's), but someone would have to be very uninformed to buy either of these at these "blowout" prices.

Penname, do you have a link to any info on the 1000 G2?

Edit; just found these on HP's website - starting at $1100.00 - am I missing something here, or am I the only one thinking these are extremely overpriced?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

It isn't the 32 GB for $600 that is the 'deal' (originally $649 I think) it is the $677 64 GB 'bundle' with the Expansion Jacket and Battery, and the Dock that is the deal.

You can find all the 900's and 1000's here:

HP's Small & Medium Business Store

Just type 'elitepad' in the search box.

If you think the Elitepad 1000 is overpriced at $699 for 64 GB, x64, Office Home and Student along with all the other improvements it makes me wonder what you paid for your 32 GB 900 that was so much more of a deal...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  9. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

Paid ~$360 when they were first released about 10 months ago. Killer deal at the time.

Didn't mean to be unappreciative of pennames post and I realize that the bundle is the deal. but HP also has the 32 Gb version in their blowout section, $150 more than the new HP Omni 64 GB tablet with a VERY nice screen .. Buy HP Omni 10 5620 Touchscreen Tablet - Microsoft Store

Like I said, I like my tablet, but I'm just not seeing why HP is pricing the 900 and 1000 where they are. Lenovo is releasing a great 8.3" tablet for much less than the Elitepads - seems that others brands are as well. Is it because HP is selling the Elitepad as a "business" machine that they can justify the price. Or is there better hardware in the HP than the other brands?

Look at the pricing on some other tablets, notably the HP Omni and the Dell Venue 11 Pro lineup.

Link ... Tablets - Microsoft Store U.S.

This is the 8.3" Lenovo .. Lenovo’s new ThinkPad 8 is the best Windows alternative to the iPad mini Retina | The Verge

I seriously do not understand HP's pricing for the 900 and now the 1000. If I'm unaware of some aspects of the 900 and new 1000 that affect the price let me know. Not trying to bag on HP or the Elitepad at all.

EDIT: just found the thread on the 1000 - interesting thread - especially the 64 bit part. Didn't know anyone was using an atom for 64 bit yet. The pricing also doesn't appear to be as high as what I had previously seen - think they are starting around $740 - maybe a bit high but not absurdly so.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  10. fkp123

fkp123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd say that generally, the target market for the ElitePad isn't the bargain hunting, value minded consumer that is comparing the cost of the plethora of tablet options available on the market today. You've correctly identified that HP has other tablet options that do fit in that category.

I'd guess that the target market is the Enterprise purchaser who will be looking at the device for its potential to replace a large volume of existing notebooks or possibly desktops; and the larger Enterprise customers are likely to have a discount arrangement in place for such procurement.

Just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk