HP ElitePad Owner Discussion

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by penname, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

My jacket did not come with screws.

I have a small issue - in metro mode, while in IE, my keyboard will not stay on the screen. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

I had to type this in desktop mode.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

With the jacket in the same orientation as your photo, remove the jacket's top piece and set it aside. . On the bottom portion, look along the top edge, in the middle and you will see 2 Phillips head screws. Remove with a screwdriver. The buttons on the jacket top piece can be removed to install the screws once the jacket top portion is re-installed.

Rick

3. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

swipe from the right side to bring up the charms menu. select settings->keyboard->Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel.

this will enable the keyboard..

see previous post for Jacket screw location. let me know if you cant locate and I will post a photo..

Rick

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  4. czvt7w

czvt7w Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using my ElitePad for about 3 months now and I'm pretty satisfied. At the moment I have 3 small issues I cannot get rid of although all latest drivers/firmware has been installed:-
    1) I've tried about all compass apps out there and they all indicate North as being south. Are all these apps wrong?
    2) sometimes during startup the 'Qualcomm Atheros UART Bus Enumerator' drivers indicate a problem and all Bluetooth devices stop working. Disable and re-enable the drivers in 'Device Manager' usually solve the problem.
    3) Frequently the second battery level indicates 'Not present' including a bad remaining battery time. Taking the ElitePad out of the jacket and back in resolves it.
    Anybody experiencing the same issues and has any solutions?

5. nick_white

nick_white Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone bought a case, like this or this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had the battery not present issue multiple times myself. At first I thought it was because I didn't have the ElitePad fully inserted into the expansion jacking connector. But I tested and the USB ports worked fine even if the battery is shown as "not present", so think this actually a problem with the second battery recognition. I also fix it by reseating the device in the jacket. And in other forums I have read of others with the same issue. Not a major problem, but hopefully can be fixed with a future driver/firmware upgrade.

7. juanch8

juanch8 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the oem hp case H4R88UT and I am really impressed with it. Its really nicely made and provides great protection for the elitepad. It also has magnets that turn the elitepad on automatically when you open it, although this not always work. Overall, excellent case and better than the apple cases I had on my iPad.

8. nick_white

nick_white Pen Pal - Newbie

Does it obstruct the top controls, the power button?

Does it wake the tablet even if it's shut down? Does the cover stay sufficiently closed so it won't open accidentaly and wake the tablet?

9. juanch8

juanch8 Pen Pal - Newbie

It only wakes it when in sleep mode, not shut down and the magnets are not as strong as the ipads but I have not had an issue with it. I am sure some would though because I carry mind in very tight bag.
    It does cover both the power and volume buttons. It does make it harder to press them, that is the only thing this case has against it, and probably for some, the bulk it adds to it. But overall I am really impress with what HP is doing with their computers. Because of their reliability, I only use fujitsu for my laptops but HP has really done its job with the elite laptops. I have the jacket as well and I do have the issue where the second battery is not found.

WP_20130504_005 (1280x721).jpg WP_20130504_006 (721x1280).jpg WP_20130504_008 (1280x721).jpg

10. e4dorla

e4dorla Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered the HP Executive Tablet Pen (H4E45AA) from the HP SMB website for $56.72 including shipping and tax. The expected ship date is next Friday (05/09). Wish me luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.