HP Elitepad 900

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Oct 1, 2012.

1. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

Mhhh, the first demo video of Atmel just shows one of the common flaws you can also see when people are using their iPads with a stylus.
    You always have to write your sentences (or whatever) on the whole screen to look good. So the zoom in and out button will probably be your best friend when using Amtel technology in lectures...

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's looking like the 900 will be the standard tablet within the company once it's released. Why? Our standard laptops are ALL refurb Elitebooks/Probooks so I'm staying with HP. Obviously the resolution isn't the best but a few of the guys/gals in work don't have the best eyesight :)

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

There was a video in which HP managers demonstrating the device said that HP would design new "jackets" every 3 months or so and that the jackets would work on future tablets. That's a great strategy. I don't like the current jackets because the the smaller one has no silo and the bigger one (that doubles as keyboard-folio) "seems" to require the smaller jacket in order to hold the tablet....That sounds a bit too over-dressed to me.

Hopefully HP will make jacket with a silo someday. Or make an ElitePad with a silo!

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

6. Rick

Rick Sr. Program Manager

The keyboard jacket does not require a smaller jacket.

7. e-schreiber

Nice to know. Thanks for the correction! :)

8. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wonder if HP will add an USB and HDMI ports after reading our gripes with this device? It should have had a full SDXC port....geeze HP!

9. e-schreiber

HP's goal when designing the ElitePad was to go after the crowd who loves thinness and lightness above all else -- to the detriment of productivity. The ElitePad seems to be thinner on the edges and that probably leaves no room for I/O ports. I can't blame HP for this stupid move, though. The iPad has shown that people just want something on which they can waste their time. The market has spoken: USB, HDMI, SD Cards, etc are unimportant. In other words, getting sh!t done, is secondary.

I just hope Apple don't ever make a 14" Black & White TV set! Because if they do, everyone will want one and suddenly all the TV manufacturers will have to embrace the B&W trend and make equally lame sets.

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

No worries, 'there's a jacket for that.' A parody on the old 'there's an app for that' from the fruity company.