HP Elitepad 900

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by excalibur1814, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

sorry that you purchased the slate 2 stylus. that question was already asked in this forum and the poster was told it would not work. the slate 2 is Ntrig technology and the 900 is Atmel. Please search the forums next time as our users are usually more knowledgable than the manufacterer representatives. I would force HP to refund your money for both items and purchase something else.

2. cristobaldolz

cristobaldolz Pen Pal - Newbie

Please Techgeek32.
    Any idea how to force HP to refund my money?
    I dont want the ELITEPAD.
    I want a true TABLET with active stylus and palm rejection.

I am from Spain and noone in HP is aswering me about the problem with the stylus.
    Noone in HP spain knows anything about the subjects we are talking in this forum.
    Not only ELITEPAD is died. As I can see how they manage the issues, problems and asnwers to the customers. My sentence is that HP is DIED too.

It is a shame, good material, good ideas but poorly finished and poorly sold.

Instead Apple making money with simple ideas, simple material but sold brilliantly.

I repeat, it is a shame.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. cmathiaz

cmathiaz Pen Pal - Newbie

Agree. Same story with HP Envy X2. No stylus support even after 2 or 3 months. Disappointing! You will Envy other people who have bought better tablets from Samsung/Acer with active stylus support!

4. sequoia464

sequoia464 Pen Pal - Newbie

I reluctantly returned an X2 because of the stylus issue. Only had a 14 day window to return it and there wasn't anything coming from HP about definitive support. Loved the machine otherwise (except the 16x9 format)

Hoping the same doesn't happen with the Elitepad 900

5. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns. The ElitPad pen is an active stylus and does support palm rejection.

Rick

6. jaygss

jaygss Pen Pal - Newbie

Does any estimates exist, when it will come on market? I bought the Elitepad 900 a month ago mainly for the pen (in contrast to the Lenovo Thinkpad 2 where the pen is smaller and I don't like small pens) and I have to say that I am really happy with the mashine EXCEPT that there is no Pen. I spent countless hours looking on the Internet for information on that stupid pen, ordered it at MANY different suppliers who say that they have it but in the end couldn't deliver.

But I have to say, I like the system and look of the Elitepad 900, hope the pen will come soon and then I can recommend it to everyone who is willing to pay a few hundred more for a better product (in contrast to for example to the Envy X2).

PS: If you cannot tell us the date when it comes out (due to marketing issues or whatever) - I understand, but pls get the department responsible for that to give out the information (and find it out!). An active stylus is in my opinion the second most important feature for a tablet computer - just behind the battery life- and leaving your customers in the air for that is something NO company can afford. Not for a product that is supposed to be business line (and price).

7. DblAgent

DblAgent Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps in Fairytale Land, where imaginary pens do all kinds of cool tricks. In the real world, however, the Elitepad stylus is a myth not unlike the giant that lives at the top of the beanstalk.

8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Guys,
    Rick has taken the time to come here and personally give us information on the product. That is a privilege. I understand the frustration you all are probably feeling with the pen perpetually "almost there" but never being released, but please keep it civil. He could just as well not come here at all, and then that would serve none of our needs.

9. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

The pen has been in production awaiting the F/W release which is now on HP.COM and pens are ready to ship from our Asia hub. Generally, I exepct pens to be orderable beginning of May but it depends on which region and channel they are purchased through.

Hope this helps.

Rick

10. pmcd

pmcd Pen Pal - Newbie

I am very interested in this tablet, especially for the active stylus, 16:10 aspect ratio and VGA connectivity. I am in Canada. The tablet can be bought, pen seems elusive and the VGA adapter even worse. Is the adapter going to be available soon? With the 32 gig model how much space is free after getting rid of unnecessary software? I basically just want to write out lectures and don't care about OCR. Quite happy with Windows Journal.

When writing does the touch capability turn off? If not, how does it deal with the wrist issue.

Does anyone have a WEI for this tablet?

Finally, how does writing on 16:10 compare to 4:3 which I far prefer? The only experience I have with widescreen tablets has been with the Surface which I found too long and way too narrow.

Thanks,

Philip