HP Elitepad 900 "G2"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dceggert, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

With the introduction of the new Revolve 810 "G2" as the next generation I got to thinking that may be the identifier and the next Elitepad may be a 900 G2. Searching the internet for such a critter I found reference to it on an HP document here:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c03955769.pdf

It may be an update to Bay Trail and the Atmel v2 digitizer. We shall see soon I think.

By the way I tried to find the HP Executive Pen on the HP website today and could not find any reference to it anymore. It must have been pulled. I hope the v2 pen works with the G1. We shall see about that pretty soon as well.

2. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I remember for all upgrades in the past, HP used the G2/3/4/5 just as a reference for an updated Chipset or CPU like they do now for Core I-Series Ivy Bridge replaced by Core i-Series Haswell, but nor for new models. That said, an Elitepad 900 G2 will still be an Atom-Series CPU.

What you are waiting for will be an Elitepad 1000 or Spectre x2 G2. And that will not happen before April, because they have to sell the 1st generations first. Same game to play as they have done with the Envy x2.

3. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

It appears that according to the device's FCC filing, it will be the "HP Elitepad 1000 G2".

HP Elitepad 1000 G2 Bay Trail Tablet With 4G and NFC Prepared for Launch | Tablet News

I'm interested to see the technical details once released. From some of the discussions I've seen in LinkedIn, HP is providing at least some advanced technical details to major customers through a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) roadmap presentation.

4. dceggert

Interesting find! It seems like it would be more than a CPU change to go to 1000 instead of just "G2" like they did on the 810. Maybe Bay Trail is an architecture change too since it supports x64 and USB3. This may be preparations for Win 8.1 x64 with Connected Standby releasing 1st qter 2014. If so it should have 4 GB RAM as well. All just gueassing at this point but it fits in with the scheme. Maybe details will be released at CES 2014.

5. dceggert

No announcement from HP at CES 2014 (yet) but it is unlikely at this point because HP has already presented their new stuff. I wonder if this will just dribble onto the website like the Elitebook 810 "G2" did....hmmm.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Shouldn't be that long. The base model Elitepad 900 is selling on close-out in the outlet for $279. It will be interesting to see what HP does with a second generation Elitepad. Will they keep the Atmel pen? Or will they just give up a pen altogether?

dceggert likes this.
  7. dceggert

You found it for sale somewhere?

8. amnu12

amnu12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I meant to say when it was announced for pre order, sorry for the confusion :)

9. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For me : No Wacom =No consideration!

10. dceggert

The 'old' Elitepad (900 G1) is now 'on sale while supplies last.' An example is the 64 GB bundle with dock, expansion sleeve, and sleeve battery is $677 as opposed to the $995 regular price. Out of production and the 1000 G2 is on the way? Me thinks so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.