HP Elitebook 2730p Tablet PC Review Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by ScubaX, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

The HP EliteBook 2730p is a nice Tablet PC. It has a solid chassis and a great design. I like the stainless steel look, it's very sleek. The 2730p is the update to the 2710p and has most of the same features, but it has the upgraded 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo processor and upgraded hard drive options. Check out our full review to see how well the 2730p does against the competition.

Read the full content of this Article: HP Elitebook 2730p Tablet PC Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Those PCMark05 scores seem pretty low, especially compared to the Lenovo x200 with the same processor. Wonder what's going on there? Over at Gottabemoble they used CrystalMark scores which put them a little closer and even some better scores for the 2730p.

3. academic-nomad

academic-nomad Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't had a chance to play with my 2730p yet. Still installing applications I need on it. So can't comment on tablet features etc. Not sure what Tiffany means by no "disable button" for touchpad. Do you mean, it can't be disabled at all or there isn't any physical button on the tablet. Also, I think there is a manual button for changing orientation (again, I haven't played with mine yet). Your pre-production unit may not have it though.

Will update with more info once I have explored my 2730p.

Take care,

4. jonjon1138

jonjon1138 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, there are two buttons on the edge of the display. I think, one is for ESC and the other one for display orientation. I got an eval unit through work, solid tablet but I chose the X200T.

5. ScubaX

It does have a manual rotate button according to the description on the HP site and you can see it in your picture of the rear of the 2730p to the right of the hinge.

Also, no mention of the jog dial. Did you try and use it? And if so what are your thoughts about it?

6. JamesVI

JamesVI Pen Pal - Newbie

ScubaX, the jog dial on my 2730p works quite well, and I use it a lot.

7. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

Sorry my preproduction unit has no display orientation button, thanks for updating everyone that there is one on the screen. By disable touchpad button I do mean a physical button. You have to go into settings to disable the touchpad, its just an inconvenience. The Elitebook notebooks actually have a little button. As for the jog dial it is nice and I used it every once in a while.

8. ScubaX

Are the pictures of the sides done by you or borrowed? If yours, the picture of the back shows what HP describes as the "Rotate Button" to the right of the hinge, which also looks like the "ESC" button to the left of the hinge. Did that button not work or do something else?

One of the spec possibilities for the 2730p on the HP site also shows a DVD optical drive, which we know is not true. So maybe they are calling this the "Rotate Button" when in fact it does something else.

This is always the problem when you can't just walk into a store and check them out yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. JamesVI

JamesVI Pen Pal - Newbie

Good thinking, ScubaX.

I can clear up one of those possibilities: those diagrams of the 2730p are accurate. What they show as the rotation button is, in fact, the rotation button, at least on my (production) unit. Whether that's on Tiffany's pre-production unit or not, I don't know. :)

10. ScubaX

Thank you, without a manual rotate button I would not be considering this as a purchase. I will assume that means the auto rotate can be disabled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.