HP Elite x2 1013 G3 2-in-1 Tablet PC 2018 Edition.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alextrela182, May 14, 2018.

1. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Pen Pal - Newbie

I think Terry meant that his Akito Node could not provide both charge and data through one usb-c cable, but that the Accelerator can--and that his 1012's TB3 port can receive them. According to this data sheet, the 1013's TB3 ports cannot:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1277...c-gets-quadcore-cpu-13inch-lcd-retains-weight

With the 1013, however, it looks like Terry could plug his Akito into one of his TB3 ports, while receiving a charge from the wall with his usb-c 3.0 port.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. TerryGecko

TerryGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

Correct. The Accelerator charges it just fine. In fact, I still have the Akitio Node and will use it again when I get the new x2 1013 because I'll be able to charge it with one port and use the eGPU on the other. I'll probably use the Node for Gaming in one room and the Accelerator for Video Editing/Productivity because of all the extra IO it has.

3. Mberlinger3

Mberlinger3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys just send back my x1 tablet so I can ride the hype train for this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

4. tclli

tclli Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also thinking about buying this one or X1, I'am waiting to see how this keyboard compares to the one coming with the X1(which everyone said was really nice)

Found this just in case someone was looking for the offficial specs:
    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=21019707#!tab=specs

Looks like it will be non serviceable :(
    (Battery is internal and not replaceable by customer. Serviceable by warranty.)​

And not being able to charge through thunderbolt 3 is also a little bummer

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  5. Mberlinger3

Mberlinger3 Pen Pal - Newbie

So the internal battery thing turned me off as well but if you look at previous teardowns, the battery of the 1012 model is accessible via the removal of a few screws. On the 1012 models the same line is in the spec sheet so I guess it's something they don't want people to know.

I misread the thing about the tb3 charging and it apparently works fine on the previous models.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk