HP Elite x2 1013 G3 2-in-1 Tablet PC 2018 Edition.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alextrela182, May 14, 2018.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 10:35 AM
    Marty and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  2. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear HP, Nobody cares about your stupid collaboration keyboard. You should have made it bluetooth.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
  3. TerryGecko

TerryGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

Super excited for this device. I have the Elite X2 1012 G2 right now with the Omen Accelerator but I bought mine before the i7/16GB was available last year. I have the i5/8gb of RAM. I'm going to spec this one out as high as it will go. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the higher res or FHD version.

4. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

No Nvidia?
    no thanks

5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Based on recent performance, give them 3-6 months and they will likely add a version with a GPU. The precursor was/is a wonderful machine, the greatest deficiency of which was a 250 nit screen, now it will be 700 nit. This will definitely give the X1 Yoga a run for its money, possibly for a good deal less of that money (starts at $1,499). Don't sell it short.

6. kurt corbin

I'm not really a gamer, but if I were, I think I'd prefer to plug my own external GPU into the Thunderbolt port and keep the tablet cool and compact.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 5:44 AM
  7. kurt corbin

If you get the 4k version will you have the option to run it at FHD in display settings? If you can do that, will it scale properly? Will it use less power? You could toggle between FHD and UHD as your situation changes.

8. kurt corbin

You're using the accelerator with the x2 1012? I wonder why it's not listed as a compatible host?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/omenaccelerator/overview.html

9. TerryGecko

TerryGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

Lol Thank you for posting my video. I never thought I'd come to a thread on here and see my video being posted. The main problem with the Akitio Node in the video is that it doesn't power the device. And since the Elite X2 has only 1 USB C port, you can't charge it at the same time. The Accelerator charges the Elite X2.

And yes, the Accelerator works perfect with the Elite X2 1012 G2.

I mostly use this set up for video editing but I also have an HP Mixed Reality Headset and play regular fps on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 10:24 PM
  10. Mberlinger3

Mberlinger3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased an X1 tablet to do exactly this. I'm strongly considering returning it bc this looks better due to increased battery life and a port I can use for Ethernet separate from the tb3 link.

The only concern is the tb3 port and serviceablity Will battery be sealed in the unit or accessible? Will the tb3 port be the full 40gpbs? Why did they make the tb3 ports on the old model not capable of charging?

What do y'all think?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk