HP Elite x2 1012 G2 (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, Feb 26, 2017.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

kvoram and Starlight5 like this.
  2. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

I hope it will be available with WiGiG and easily serviceable. Looks like a perfect detachable for me, so far.

3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't worry, the answers are yes and yes. Though WiGig and IR front camera for Windows Hello face-unlock are mutually exclusive. But it certainly looks like a winner. :)

Though I would not get too excited about that date, the wording from Notebookcheck is very vague, "expect", "next month or so".

What intrigues me is why Notebookcheck mentions a brightness of 450 cd/m². HP's official specs on their website list only 340 cd/m².

Here are the full specs with all configuration options: https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05415563
    And here is the main webpage for it: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/elite-x2/overview.html

What I find also very good is it's fast-charging capability. Depending on the configuration it comes with either a 45W or a 65W USB-C charger. With the 65W charger it charges the 47Wh battery from 0-50% in just 30 minutes.

Another good thing is that according to the internal pic it seems to have a relatively big heatsink, so hopefully it won't suffer from too much throttling, and more importantly I hope that the fan is silent...
    [​IMG]

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Starlight5

That still beats mutually exclusive WWAN & WiGiG on Thinkpads, and the hassle of DIY installation. (=

5. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice, it already announced... so i guess we will see it entering the market 2-3 months from now.

6. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

7. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

This is the Surface Pro 4.5 we've all been waiting for.

8. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I just realized we had talked before, on NBR forum, about HP EliteBook X360 WWAN capability.
    Just curious, which device you decided to buy, EliteBook X360 or (waiting) Elite X2?

Starlight5 likes this.
  9. Starlight5

@xor01 most likely I'll get HP Elite X2 - since HP Elitebook X360 has soldered 8260 WLAN module and thus won't be possible to upgrade to WiGiG, not an option for me anymore. Elite X2 1012 G2 would be perfect as second convertible for me. Another Thinkpad is always an option, though - due to favorable price and fantastic keyboard. I'll likely hold off until my Fujitsu T734 is sold - unless there is a really decent deal, of course.

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

does anyone know if they stayed with Wacom AES or jumped ship to N-Trig like the Spectre x360?