HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow that's great to know that it has lasted 3 years.
    I had a surface pro 4 and it showed flickering exactly 1 year later.
    I bought this since it has awesome upgradeability
    I hope it will last me for 2 years at least

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. jhax01

jhax01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope. They are great tablets. I had a G1, then an i5 G2. I just gave that one to my wife and bought an i7 G2 with 16GB for myself.

3. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually there are quite a few complaints here that's why.
    My wife was rocking a Hpnelite X2 1011 G1 for last three years. Recently she wanted to have a bigger screen and battery was deteriorating so after lot of thought and budget consideration I thought this will serve her the best.

But as I said lot of complaints here

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

That is what the internet forums are for in general...not many post they *like* something!

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

An Update on my issue resolution:
    I received my panel from the eBay seller and the digitizer for touch and pen only worked on 1/2 of the panel so they refunded my money. So, the new panel did not fix my issue.

However, there are two cables that need to be disconnected when you replace the screen; one is the monitor display cable and the other is a ribbon cable attaching the digitizer to the motherboard. When I put my screen back on after initially trying the new one I had an issue where touch and pen did not work at all. Exploring the issue I found one of the ribbon cables at an angle in the connector. So, I removed the two connections from the panel and the one from the motherboard and used my contact cleaner to clean these connections. I then put the cables back making sure everything was tight and aligned.

My digitizer works like new now. The pen performance is actually enjoyable!

So if you have an X2 1012 G1 and are experiencing a jumpy pen or what appears to be slow response recognizing the pen, it may be a 'dirty' connection at these connectors and ribbon cable!

Ayaskant Sahoo and jhax01 like this.
  6. jhax01

jhax01 Pen Pal - Newbie

For all the dual boot people, don’t know why this never made it into the Linux kernel but if you want precision input in Linux, this is the patch to hid-alps.c that you need — https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9702467/

This applies to both the 1012 G1 and G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Pen Pal - Newbie

A little thing I found out is that the Wacom software from the G2 installs and updates the drivers on the G1.

Sadly my G1 died recently. The charging/power system were going bonkers, the system would get really hot really fast. Then it started to bleed charge and had charging issues and it started getting hotter. So I had to run it without being plugged in or it would get hot and stall. Then the GPU decided it had enough and graphical corruption and lock ups.

Had a loaner G3... what a fall from the G1 in terms of everything. To avoid off topic rambling, I did force the G3 to accept the G1 pen.

Last edited: May 25, 2019