HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you installed the Intel Serial IO driver? It is needed to properly enumerate all devices on the I2C bus, including the rear camera. You could also check in the bios to verify the "Rear Camera" device option is enabled. I am pretty sure that the camera is support in Ubuntu 18.04 so you could make a live USB to verify it isn't a Windows issue.

2. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Pen Pal - Newbie

HP Softpaq Manager, select your system, select the two latest Windows 10 releases, select the 1012 X2 G1 with travel keyboard and select the one with the Advanced Keyboard. Then force it to check for updates on your system against those two. It will show you out of date and not installed drivers and software.

If it's stubborn, and still won't show the camera drivers. HP universal for the front and I believe the Intel camera driver is for the world facing. Go through the list of all or updated softpaqs and manually download the camera drivers. But make sure all of the Intel drivers are installed and up to date, sensor hub, chipset, etc.

Also check to make sure the cameras weren't disabled in the UEFI.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  3. gamefoo21

You need a USB-PD charger and the X2 1012 G1 needs a 15V output from the charger.

Cheap power banks and chargers tend to stop at 9 or 12V.

The power block or battery pack needs to deliver the following: 15 volts @ 3 amps

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Here is some 'side information' on the issue. It appears to be common with the introduction of the Creator Version installation.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...r-windows-update-camera-does-not/td-p/6514533

Well, I was able to fix mine by using the Softpaq Manager like gamefoo2.1 suggests but I actually used it to find SP77559 which is the Intel Graphics Driver v4483 as somone at the above link suggested works on some of them. Luckily it worked for me. So this may be an easy fix for some. Good luck and post whether it worked for you or not.

On another note, I was shocked at all the 'critical' updates listed in the Softpaq Manager for 'Show This Computer' that the updater seems to not know about. I sure hope HP is using the same database of updates for all the update programs they seem to have going.

Good Luck!

5. gamefoo21

Yeah the HP advisor is a miserable hag, it really doesn't seem to see much anymore.

I run the Softpaq manager once every so often for updates.

Oh and make sure you select both 1012 G1 types with travel and Advanced keyboard. There's a new bios update that weirdly is only posted to the advancea keyboard last I looked.

6. dceggert

Yup, that was one of the 'critical updates' that I had to load up that happened to be the first time I heard of. As a process check I used to play in that Softpaq space when I was using the Elitepad. I had to polish off a bit of rust to get into it yesterday! LOL....

7. gamefoo21

LoL it definitely doesn't have the easiest to use interface that is for sure.

I actually dusted it off to make updated revovery media and found a stack of updates that the Advisor never mentioned.

8. dceggert

My X2 1012 G1 digitizer performance has been deteriorating for about the last 6 months when using the pen. It was happening with both my HP and Wacom (AES) pens and both were registering green battery condition. I verified the Wacom pen yesterday by putting it in Ntrig mode and using it on the Surface3. It worked fine.

The symptom has been the curser moving about when the pen is close to the screen. Sometimes it goes completely to the other side of the screen (on the right when I am trying to select something on the left). Sometimes the jump happens just before touching the tip to the screen with undesirable results. Touch works fine.

So I am going to take advantage of the serviceability of the device and I ordered a brand new sealed screen and digitizer off of eBay. The seller had 99% positive feedback with 20,000 something responses so it sounds like it may be safe. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. It takes about 15 minutes to swap out.

The pen performance has deteriorated to unusable levels so hopefully this fixes it. I really don't want to spend mega bucks on a replacement device at the moment. Fingers crossed!

9. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought an almost new hp elite X2 1012 m7 in 2019 for 450$

Did I do anything wrong??

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

10. dceggert

I have used mine now for 3 years straight and it is the best tabletpc I have had so far. I would like it to be 10" but I don't think we will ever see a 10" machine that is anything other than entry level.

Why do you feel it was something you did wrong?