HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just in case anyone was wondering (and I'm assuming most folks who own the X2 G1 use it mainly for business) is that it works very well with the HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock 65W. I actually was able to update the firmware successfully using the update utility. It seems to work flawlessly now, even with my Akitio Node Pro. It connects fairly quickly to my Monitor and all my peripherals work fine. I am actually really surprised how well games work with G1 considering the CPU speed. I'm getting a stable 60 fps with some games I tested on 1080p resolution and medium to high settings. I tested Doom, the Witcher 3, COD Black Ops 3, Wolfenstein and Far Cry 5. I was expecting the system to play these poorly but was genuinely surprised. I guess the TB3 is running at 4 lanes on this device. I'm very impressed so far considering I've done a lot of research and found that this tablet is superior in so many ways even considering it is 2 years old. The LTE on it works great as well. I'm on AT&T.

Marty likes this.
  2. lampuiho

lampuiho Pen Pal - Newbie

https://drive.google.com/open?id=155Jdg3ghnlzsxm6bG3yWiEgDXjWc9Bpe
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JkPZaTxdA-vUJ3drb9L6kD35O_edJeEW
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LXElc3vgi7GI3oxXQCWAABdhBlfMd_q0

There is a part of the screen the pen is skipping over. There is also ghost touching sometimes on the left hand most side of the screen at the same vertical position. Does anyone know why? And what are the possible solutions?

EDIT: After a few hours of sleep, it's normal again...
    EDIT2: it's dead again
    EDIT3: Heat has made the battery swell and the bulge caused the screen to separate from the body. Now the screen wobbles when I press on the screen on the right hand side and let go. (funny the ghost touch is on the left hand side)

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. Vortex

Vortex Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tested it with the RAVPower 26000 mAh USB PD powerbank

The reviews and QA on the Amazon page says that it charges the Elite X2 but I don't see how since the RAVPower doesn't have 12V output , closest it has is 15V 2A which isn't compatible with the elite X2

4. Vortex

Vortex Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to add LTE to a machine that originally didn't come with it by adding the Quallcomm LTE module?

5. OB1

OB1 Pen Pal - Newbie

We had such problem with several tablets. Unfortunately, only a touchscreen replacement solve the problem.

6. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm curious--is the Elite X2 12 G2 tablet compatible with the Elite x2 1012 G1 keyboard? I saw a G2 go on EBay for super cheap the other day without the keyboard. I probably would have bid on it if I knew for a fact that the G1 keyboard can work on it. Does anyone know?

7. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

No it won't support. It's completely different

HJK likes this.
  8. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

I would say they ain't cheap at $575 for 8/256 model without ANYTHING (PSU, keyboard, pen). I'd personally bite only 16GB RAM version at such price, since it's soldered - but they ask almost $800 for it!

9. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

It was 8/256 and it went for under $300.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Wow!!!11 That's a decent price!

Here's a reasonably priced keyboard for it; language difference can be addressed with stickers. Hopefully there will be more at such a decent price!