HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@efjay I used Dell E7x70-something cover indeed. In USA, one can easily source an LCD cover with correct antenna in some online stores selling parts for business PCs. All vendors used the very same antenna module (10041R) in all WiGiG devices based on Intel implementation, so you can be sure it will fit. Some vendors add a plastic bracket to antenna so that cable doesn't come loose from vibration - it is easy to DIY in case you need it. Cables, on the other hand, vary in length; in my machine, cable is noticeably longer than it should be, but I can live with it and it generally does not create any inconvenience except when the hinges need to be removed for some reason. Here's a listing on eBay; the cable might be long enough if you're lucky.

FWIW I have a spare MHF5-MHF5 cable, from Thinkpad t460s, and may consider selling it if you have no luck sourcing long enough cable elsewhere - but part of outer layer is stripped (it was soldered to WLAN antenna, sharing GND or something like that), so you'll have to repair it before using.

2. sem189189

sem189189 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys coming to me this tablet soon and I also want to buy him a new ssd . I have been getting some sd m2 is needed . so with 2 notches as I understand it ? 1623540775.jpg

3. sem189189

another question does stylus from the last surface pro ? who checked ?

4. Starlight5

@sem189189 Surface stylus is Ntrig, while Elite X2 is Wacom AES - so definitely not. SSD should be compatible AFAIK.

5. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Starlight5: think my best bet might just be to buy one with all the features. Thanks for your help.

For anyone still with a Core M7 version of the Elite, how is it working for you performance wise? Only option to buy I can see seems to be the M7 version so wondering how any potential throttling has worked out. Thanks.

Sent from mTalk

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. sem189189

I have an idea UM what do you think if 860 Samsung Evo Series 2TB M. 2 SATA III to V-NAND and MLC ? I work with photos and videos and such storage would be good for me

7. Starlight5

@sem189189 860 EVO is actually TLC. I personally would grab 2TB m.2 WD Blue 3D instead - it is $100-something cheaper on Amazon at the moment, and I doubt you'll notice the difference. Choice is yours, of course.

8. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

This is what I wanted to know. Do the latest updates to the X2 C1 and aorus gaming box allow the eGPU to work and charge the tablet at the same time? If not, how long will gaming last using the eGPU on just the battery?

9. unknown321

unknown321 Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Vortex

Vortex Pen Pal - Newbie

I looking at buying a used x2 G1 but I have a couple of questions:
    1. Does this have the charger DRM. Can you use 3rd party USB PD chargers and powerbanks to charge this?
    2. Does the M.2 drive accept SATA or NVMe SSD's or both?
    3. Is the battery replaceable and is a replaceable battery easily available?