HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. milkytoast

milkytoast Pen Pal - Newbie

The Acer switch 7 seems more of a spiritual successor to the g1 than to the surface,. It has the full quad core and even discreet graphics. If I have the money burning a hole in my pocket in the future I might get a switch 7 and resell my g1

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

2. RT545

RT545 Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here;

I'd love to figure out if the ssd can also be upgraded on the Acer switch 7, as easily as on the g1...

3. milkytoast

There are alot of things that worry me about the switch 7 that have been discussed on the switch 7 page.

How good is the heat loop cooling?

Is the keyboard as good as the surface and elite x2?

Battery life?

USB c charging adapter compatibility?

Easy to service as the elite x2?

Is the descreet GPU good enough for my needs on the go?

I do trust the Wacom emr however.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

4. NeoMatrixJR

NeoMatrixJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Not...ENTIRELY true. You need a PD charger that SPECIFICALLY has the 12v@3A profile I believe. I purchased one of these http://a.co/dyYbpqo. Despite the company's insistance that it should work, it did not because it didn't have this profile (skipped right over it! It does have a 9 and a 15v profile...). They sent me 3 total to test. So far I haven't tried another 3rd party charger yet.

From HERE: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05415563#AbT11
    For optimal performance, the HP x2 1012 G2 should charge from a USB Power Delivery, v2 compatible adapter or power source that offers 12V at 3A.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. milkytoast

6. NeoMatrixJR

NeoMatrixJR Pen Pal - Newbie

spec on that shows 12v@3a so good luck and let us know if it works out. I recommend grabbing one of these: http://a.co/8Buh9ju to see what exactly is going through. There's some nicer ones out now though.

7. milkytoast

didn't buy the meter, but the Cable Matters usb charger seems to work. I also bought a cheap set of usb C to usb C cables, and they work too. I tested this with my https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AFR8PW2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it will pass through to it while providing extra USB ports.

I am still trying to get the pen to work, I cannot get it the light to turn on. The tiny watch batterys in the back part of the pen might be dead. also it is missing the top part of the pen, and I might need some info so I can 3d print one.

Ok replaced the watch batteries and now I can only get a red blinking light on the side. I assume that isn't good. What is a good replacement for that pen? I was looking at the one from Wacom but I wanted to make sure it had the 3 buttons.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  8. mytom

mytom Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm italian and I'm sorry for my terrible english...
    My question is: in your opinion, it's possible instal 512gb NVME SSD disk (like Samsung V-Pro) on the Elite X2 1012 G1? In the HP specification paper is indicate thats it's possible use 256gb pcie disk (512gb only with sata bus).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017