HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. OB1

OB1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess something wrong with Continuum :) http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04856156

2. micheled

micheled Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem. This tablet is really annoying. The battery drain exists also with the newest BIOS -> 7% in 24 hrs.

3. SteveB

SteveB Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess it's just a software issue and will be fixed with an update. I'm not sure when this started and which update caused it

4. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe I am wrong. But you can actually turn of the touch pad by double tapping on the upper left corner of the touch pad. If so, you have to reactivate it by double tapping on the same spot.

5. SteveB

SteveB Pen Pal - Newbie

The strange thing is that when this issue occurs, that button doesnt work. double tapping it doesnt bring the orange light on or make the touch pad work again.

6. jhax01

jhax01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know I posted about this a while back, but here's the current state of OS X on the Elite X2 - after replacing the Intel Wi-Fi with a broadcom based Dell dw1560, the only things left not working on El Capitan are the sd card (which is typical unfortunately) and Thunderbolt 3. I've helped with the VoodooI2C project and have added gesture support to the touchscreen and solved a pressure issue with the pen. With HWP enabled, battery life is comparable to Windows and even slightly better under some circumstances. Brightness is probably the single biggest factor. The keyboard still drains the battery tho. lol. The video is very boring, but I wanted to run though all of the gestures because they are what makes it usable in OSX.

kvoram likes this.
  7. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well as much as I love this machine, it is starting to annoy me with the system freezing under a heavy load. Have the M7 version. Love that I can't hear the fan, but now I can't tell when it's under a heavy load. Just freezes and feels very warm to the touch.

8. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use Throttlestop in Off mode to measure temp and speed in the systray.

9. lazer155

lazer155 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how well the x2 handles small handwriting? I see back on page 26 @mathartist gave this example of some handwriting but I'm not sure how small it is. I know on my current n-trig laptop, if you write too small it distorts badly. I wind up having to zoom it, write large, then when I zoom out it is a more normal size but it's slower for me to write large. I've been looking for a tablet that doesn't distort with small hand writing. Every n-trig device I've tried does it a lot. This x2 is wacom aes though so maybe that's a bit better.

http://m.imgur.com/KVsbhvT

10. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got the elite x2 with the thunderbolt dock. I can't seem to get two 4k displays to work with it. Best I can achieve is one display at 4k and the other display at 1920x1080. Anyone else has a similar issue?