HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Zackrie

Zackrie Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, it happened yesterday after a Windows Update.

2. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Not just any paper, it's the instructions tucked under the spring. Mine still has the piece of paper and works. All I see under the spring is what looks like a phillips screw head or an X indent also describes it well.

edit: my pen had been flaky since first getting the machine. would rap the pen against my finger to get it to work again. But the good news, it has worked for several weeks now without issue. I guess the pen got tired of being beaten.

3. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

For what it's worth, I have a surface pro 3 pen sitting on my desk and unscrewed the cap. It looks exactly the same as the HP pen with instructions also held in by the spring. Close inspection looks like the surface pen has the paper only held in by the side of the spring where the HP pen appears to have some of the paper under the spring (an issue?). I'll attach a photo on an edit once my computer sees my phone.

Attached Files:

4. Bajax

Bajax Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if this has been posted here, but I found a third-party dock that works 100% with the Elite X2 1012. The IOGEAR GUD3C01. I'd been looking for a while, but hadn't found posts by anyone confirming which devices work with the X2, since even though it lacks charger DRM so much stuff just won't work.

Another thing that works well that you wouldn't at first glance think is ORICO 24w USB-C charger, model TSM-1U. The wattage is low, and it accordingly charges slowly (about 1% every 3 minutes), but I got it so that I could have a widely compatible and light power adapter to keep in my bag.

The commonality between the things that properly charge the Elite X2 really seems to be the 12V output. It does not use 15V, as a lot of people originally thought.

kvoram and kjlietz like this.
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Do I get it right that WWAN slot is installed even on No-WWAN models, and all I need to get is the WWAN module itself and the antenna kit (e.g. HP part number 805065-001)? Or is there something else?

6. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone tried to install remix OS on your tablet
    Mine is flawless now

yipeeeeee
    But mine is the 1011 version

kvoram and WillAdams like this.
  7. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

I had some issues with the pen. It had drop outs. so I called support. The Lady on the line just asked where to send the new pen. If I am lucky the replacement arrives tomorrow. Wow!

The HP support in Germany seems to be exceptional good!

Update: my praise was premature. I just called again and asked why my pen did not arrive yet. Answer: "support ordered it but it is not available yet."
    "Really?"
    "Yes, it might be available this week or next week. You know, how it is, no?"
    Man, sometimes I really regret having too good manners!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  8. KtoonS

KtoonS Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

although i dont have any issue with the pen itself, i would much prefer a softer tip with some resistance/drag. Does anyone know of fitting replacement tips which are soft? I have a tough time finding any kind of replacement actually, the ones on the wacom website seem to have a way different shape.

Thanks in advance,

KToonS

9. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought Wacoms Bamboo Smart Pen. There is really no difference between the tips that came with HP Active Pen (in plastic) and the tips from Wacom.

All the best
    Kai

Attached Files:

KtoonS and kvoram like this.
  10. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

If someone has pen issues. The Bamboo Smart Pen works just fine.
    Since HP support wasn't able to deliver the replacement, i just bought the Wacom pen. It was the right decision.

Maybe HP will deliver someday a working Active Pen. As support said "maybe this week, maybe next week. You know how it is, don't you?" -- Yeah right, I took that hint and bought me some happiness for 40 Euros. Definitely worth it.

All the best
    Kai