HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm expecting 5 hours with my usage (onenote + browser)

the good thing is that it have usb-c , it should work better with battery banks and car chargers (compared to other PCs with non standard chargers) although there might be some limitation to charging only when the device is off

2. alisaad619

I hope that this is true , HP US website says middle January , but when you add it to a cart it say shipping March

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why will you do that unless it can't be done with HDMI cable in the case you want.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

4. Elmstrom

Elmstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I use my computer in education, right now a spectra 360 that has plenty of battery. But the Synaptics stylus is not good enough.

5. alextrela182

One thing we must see is how is battery life on Elite x2 compared to Spectre x2 because the second one model despite having larger battery capacity and 1080p resolution screen it fails behind SP4.

I hope HP use in the Elite x2 model more battery efficient panel than Spectre x2 and not the same.

Also how is the brightness level because several report mention somehow dim on Spectre x2 and not good visibility on very bright environment.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

6. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Let me know when you guys find out how to connect an external display to the Elite while still being able to charge.
    That's what bothers me right now.

7. alextrela182

Probably HP will offer adaptor USB 3.0 A to HDMI while with the second USB C you are able to charge.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

8. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

USB A 3.0 to HDMI is of no use. USB can't do native display out. And if you need 4K, it's out of the question.
    The only port that can do native display is USB 3.1 type C or Thunderbolt 1/2/3.

9. alisaad619

there is this expensive option (about 200$ )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is HP's compact usb-c dock ( T3V74AA ) which give us dual display out (1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort), Ethernet , and 4 usb ports .
    and they have another full size thunderbolt 3 dock ( P5Q54AA )

I know this is not the solution you're looking for (since it's too expensive for a display adapter) , there are 3rd party adapters that give you what you need and for a lot leas , but it's not guaranteed that they will charge the device since hp is locking the port to their first party chargers (locked when the device is on , when the device is off it can charge from any standard uab c charger )

HP hdmi adapter is cheap and available but it doesn't have a charging port (I think it's a huge oversight from hp)

10. alextrela182

Well if HP not deliver proper and economical solution its deal breaker.
    I'm not willing to pay 200$ for such expensive accessories.