HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I ran the 720p video test but forgot to stop it after an hour. Sorry, it ran for 1hr:17min. It started with battery level at 100% and was 88.4% after the 77 minutes. Screen brightness was at 40% for the test. I'm working on the browser test. I probably won't run the Asphalt test.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. thunderbolt3

thunderbolt3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my elite x2. I can confirm that windows hello with fingerprint works. Another positive surprise: gps is also included in the lte version although it was not even mentioned. My only problem so far is, that the usb c port did not work with a usb c to usb a adapter from amazon. I tried this to connect a second usb drive. And it was just not recognized. Can someone else please test this?

3. zeek

Works on my system. I'm using an adapter cable I got with my Nexus 5x phone from Google. This is it : https://store.google.com/product/usb_type_c_to_usb_standard_a_adapter

4. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Lucky fellas! I eagerly wait for your review!

Im thinking about getting this or the thinkpad x1 tablet. I had tried the thinkpad yoga 14 at Best Buy which has Wacom ES. My impressions where that compared to the surface had a way shorter hover distance, the lines where pretty jittery but the pressure curve was amazing. Almost as good as the cintiq that I own. And better then the surface, when it came to consistency.It has a hard tip but I think the elite is comparable with Wacom smart that has felt tips. I like some resistance when I draw.

I wonder how this compares to the yoga 14 and if it improved on anything else.

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks sharing the results.
    That's a really good level of the battery life.
    I remember watching one and a half hour video 720p at 40% brightness level and m3 sp4(in two different unit) and both lost almost 25%.
    It was simple tragic and deal breaker.

Seems HP with Elite x2 doing very good job in power efficient in all perimeter.than MS do.

6. Sirkassad

Sirkassad Pen Pal - Newbie

Do I understand it correctly that there is no video output on the tablet, other than using the USB C with an adaptor? Is this the same port that is used to charge the device? I am trying to decide between this tablet, the Lenovo X1 tablet, and the Toshiba z20t-C(skylake). I think both the HP and Toshiba don't have a dedicated video out port, which I don't like.

7. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's no dedicated video output port like HDMI or display port.
    Actually in coming years the last 2 port will be eliminate by USB C only port.
    Yes the USB C is both for charging and connect to external device like monitor or tv via adaptor.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

8. Kirä

Kirä Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey zeek.

I'm very interested to know how the display is. Do you have any colorimeter like i1Display Pro to check sRGB/Adobe RGB, gamma and contrast?

And on more thing. If you have a good headphones/iem, can you check if the headphone audio output is clean? I mean, if you connect the headphones, there is any background noise or hiss if no sound is played? I had this issue with the Surface 3 in the past and was annoying.

Thank you in advance.

9. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Throtteling would be nice to test. Try running Cinebench R15 and watch task manager while doing so. What frequencies do you get?

10. zeek

You could also use a USB to video adapter and still charge via USB-C.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk