HP Elite X2 1012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SF6, Dec 27, 2015.

1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

thanks, I never knew about it, that's cool, I'll probably get the 1450$ model, it's cool that I can get a discount on a newly launched device, thanks again

2. R Lowes

R Lowes Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there, just wondering if you ever received your unit, and if so, what you think of it so far??

3. wizos

wizos Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it still hasn't shipped. I'll call them tomorrow to see what is going on. Their website says "In stock and ready to ship" when you get the listing one way, but "Estimated ship date: week of February 22nd" when you get it a different way. They've put a hold on my credit card for the full amount but haven't yet charged it.

4. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Seems like their information is just wrong. My shipping date has been postponed to 25.2. They simply don't have any units yet.

5. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I think the problem is that the availability of the product is limited right now, they are working to improve it, and it takes a while for the information on their web site to be updated.

I ordered one on January 7th. At that time the web site said the model would be available mid-January. However, when I added it to my cart, the cart showed a date mid-March for shipment. The week after I ordered it tge web site had been updated to remove the mid-January availability statement. Surprisingly, I got a notice on Monday that it has shipped from China and is scheduled for delivery this coming Monday. I don't know if all them are made in China. If not, maybe there is a problem with US manufacturing and they are shipping temporarily from China to fulfill orders sooner. It seems like they have good intentions but the information on their web site isn't up to date because they are working the issue and perhaps also they don't want to set false expectations.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. SF6

Limited quantities? Zero quantities fits better. I have placed my order in December.
    I say we won't seem them until end of February or even March. Don't trust that email. I have received one of those in December already. The have set false expectations in December when sales rep told me shipping in 5-10 days. That was before christmas. And since the they postponed shipping twice already.

And of course they're made in China. You don't really think they make them in the US?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  7. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

The email gave a valid FedEx tracking number.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow that's not good sign from HP.
    Total unacceptable not even one order have shipped until now.

They have no excuse.

I don't know but these delays I'm begging to worry if has to do with production of worst hardware issue and that's why not sending the item and try to fix it.

And I Europe also from end of January went to mid of February from most of the retail store.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

9. SF6

Lucky you. When I had received that email the tracking number was missing.

10. wizos

wizos Pen Pal - Newbie

Just called HP again. Feb. 22 is the earliest possible date for shipping?!
    zeek--since you have a FedEx tracking number, where does it say the order is right now?