HP Elite x2 1011 G1 Windows Tablet PC with Wacom digitazer

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alextrela182, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lisa from mobile teach review had a review of the device.

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been looking around for a decent tablet with an active digitizer ever since I shattered the screen on my Dell Latitude 10 three months ago. After considering one of these that was for sale over on the notebookreview forums, I eventually found out that these were selling for a very decent price on eBay as refurbished. So after looking at a few other options I picked one up last week for $450 off of eBay. It is model L8E11UA, which has the Core M 5Y71, 8GB ram, 256GB SSD and LTE. It also came with the power keyboard, a power supply and the adapter to plug the power supply into the docking port.

Overall its a really nice device. I also picked up Sketchbook 7 Pro for $30 and it works quite well under Windows 10 with the Wacom digitizer. It works with both the included pen and also the Latitude 10 pen which is a bit larger and easier to write with for me. The only hardware issue I have had with it is that the cooling fan will buzz if I hold the tablet at a certain angle. The tablet also had a Windows 8.1 Pro license key (for refurbished PC's) taped to the bottom. I didn't have to use it to activate Windows, or upgrade to Windows 10 (8.1 Pro was pre-installed) but I will keep it around just in case. I checked with HP about the warranty and it is a mail-in warranty active through the end of May, and could be eligible for a service pack upgrade (warranty extension).

I am considering contacting Photodon and see if they can cut a screen protector for this. After reading surfaceproartist's review of the Pro X2 612 G1, I can only guess that the screen on the Elite X2 1011 could benefit from the screen protector as well (it does feel very slick to write on). I may even purchase one of those Wacom Bamboo Feel Styluses as well.

3. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I also just bought one on eBay for around $450. Model is L8D71UT#ABA. So far, it seems like a great device. It has every key feature I was looking for including: 2-in-1 (usable as laptop and tablet), good performance, decent battery life, traditional WACOM digitizer and pen (including a slot), mobile broadband, touch screen, usable on lap. My only complaints so far is its a little heavier and has a slightly smaller screen than I would ideally want.

4. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone used these with the wireless dock?

5. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I used it with the WiGig dock. Works good in general. I did have an intermittent problem extending the display but that could have been "pilot" error. I don't have it any more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Ayaskant Sahoo

Ayaskant Sahoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought this device from eBay for a great deal in India
    I had a surface pro 3--- screen cracked for nothing

Then Asus t300 chi---- screen cracked inside bag

For all the weight and heft this device offers its a war machine in these days of slim and light gadgets

This thing was built to last

The model I got was 5y71 with hp 3110 modem and if I compare to similar config of other brands the prices will be atleast twice
    And a passive wacom digitizer is anyday better than those with batteries, this coming after using all the available stylus in market ntrig, Dell synaptic etc
    Just can't believe there is so much going against a well built machine that can take a hit
    Everything is jam packed in this model, but since HP priced it prohibitively on launch there were no takers.. Can't find a single review on Amazon

But guys if u are buying now at around 450$ there is simply no competition

7. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone tried the USB adapter (2.0 or 3.0) that was used on the other Elitepad tablets?

8. Ayaskant Sahoo

Can you provide a link @Zero

9. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

10. Ayaskant Sahoo

Smart AC adapter works!!???