HP Elite x2 1011 G1 Windows Tablet PC with Wacom digitazer

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alextrela182, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How do you like the battery life on your device?

2. DanaG

DanaG Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed a tool called "batterybar pro" to monitor the batteries, and it seems like I'm getting about 10 hours battery life under web browsing load (via Firefox and Chrome). According to that utility, the primary (in-display) battery is 32,456 milliwatt hours (6:00), and the secondary (keyboard) battery is 20,727 milliwatt hours (4:56).

Some performance notes:

I connected my BenQ XL2420TE display to the laptop via DisplayPort, and the laptop can output 1920x1080 at 120Hz, but the CPU is not powerful enough to draw the TestUFO animation at 120Hz.
    It's getting only about 95FPS in Chrome on that display, and on the internal display, it's reporting stutter even at 60Hz.

I downloaded The Stanley Parable demo (because it's small), and at 1920x1080, it runs at about 30FPS, or 40FPS when on the 120Hz display (due to vsync).
    Darwinia ran smoothly at 60FPS. Antichamber runs 16FPS even at 1280x720.

I ran the Windows Store 3DMark "Ice Storm" and "Ice Storm Extreme", and it reported "unknown" for all aspects of the computer hardware. Scores were both "Maxed Out!".
    The desktop 3DMark was more useful: Ice Storm was 26596; Cloud Gate was 2749; Sky Diver was 1341; Fire Strike was 354. Under this load, the main fan actually started making an irritating buzzing/grinding noise.

(Side note: I really wish Intel offered custom resolutions on internal displays. A custom 48Hz mode would do wonders for 24FPS video playback.)

I'm thinking I may actually return the thing, since I don't really have that much use for a device of this degree of lightness, battery life, and price.
    Perhaps I'll check out the Surface 3 (non-Pro), or the Spectre (Pro) x360, or such.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. bloodycape

Isn't the specter pro using the same cpu? Are you saying the battery life for your usage isn't enough?

4. DanaG

DanaG Pen Pal - Newbie

On the contrary, I mean that this machine is quite cool, but I may not actually need it. I don't actually need battery life this long, so something more powerful, or cheaper for the same power, may be a better choice.

5. bloodycape

How do you like the display? How are colors? I know HP for a while had issues where certain reds look orange(coke's site was the example shown)? What about viewing angles and contrast? you.

6. bloodycape

It's hard to see form the pictures, but I take there is a headphone jack on the tablet itself?

7. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

8. DanaG

DanaG Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have a calibrator or a calibrated display on hand, so all I can compare it to is my workplace ThinkPad W530, which is also not calibrated. Compared to the ThinkPad, the HP is sometimes brighter, and sometimes yellower on the greens -- but again, neither display is calibrated, and I don't have a calibrated photo to compare with, either. EDID vendor is "SDC", product 0x4153 or 16723.

bloodycape likes this.
  9. bloodycape

But, is there any noticeable issues with reds(again something HP and a few others had a problem with in the past)?

10. DanaG

DanaG Pen Pal - Newbie

I've returned the laptop now, but I realized I forgot to answer that question: as far as colors go, I didn't see any oddities in the reds. I wonder why there are still no full reviews (with photos) anywhere?