HP Elite x2 1011 G1 Windows Tablet PC with Wacom digitazer

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alextrela182, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

For me it is pretty simple. It is either the z20t or I stick with what I have. Nothing else satisfies my upgrade requirements even on paper. I'm not willing to sacrifice on something significantly heavier than I currently have, and 12.5" is as low as I'm willing to go in terms of compromising on my current 13.3" screen.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Mesosphere

Those ~2lb ultrabooks like the LaVie are definitely tempting though =) I haven't owned non penabled laptop in my life* though, so I'm not sure I could learn to live with that loss.

*with the exception of one heavily used ebay clunker that was a complete flop of a purchase...

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I like that it comes with a digitazer, police forces won't be the same anymore.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Bronsky, 2.0™ and Mesosphere like this.
  4. Mesosphere

Don't digitaze me bro.

Tams, Bronsky and 2.0™ like this.
  5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I take this is also a microSD slot? What is the battery(s) rated at?

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

A 'pico digitazer' would be a great feature for when my cat wants to sit on my keyboard. Bzzz-zap...Reowww!

7. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you really notice the difference between 13,3 and 12,5"?

I had a HP Spectre x2 with 13,3" before and currently using the HP Pro x2 612 with 12,5". I can't say, that there is a huge difference between them.

8. Mesosphere

I don't know yet =) I hope it isn't too bad, because otherwise the z20t is out as an option as well.

My 13.3" T904 is definitely noticeably more roomy to me than my 12.1" Lenovo X201t, so I will certainly notice the difference between 11.6" and 13.3". Which is why the Helix 2 and this tablet are not on my list.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Have to agree with you on this one Mesophere. I can notice the difference between my 13.3" 16:10 X301 and the 12.5" 16:9 X230 that an associate owns. I can also notice the difference between the X230 and the 11.6" 16:9 Acer V5-122p my daughter has. There is a fairly large step from 13.3" to 11.6".

I think the 11.6" would be fine as a travel device, if I could dock it when in the office to a full KB/Monitor. On the other hand, I use my 13.3" fine without docking, so a 13.3" might be the simpler and more elegant solution. I would think that the X20t would be as small as I would want to go for a primarily desk-bound notebook.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This review is not encouraging. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...ps-and-netbooks/lenovo-lavie-z-1278904/review The design can't take a Lenovo Accutype KB and the stock NEC keyboard doesn't look all that spiffy. Battery life is also subpar. Looks like the LaVie is coming off my list.

New List:

Toshiba X20t
    HP Elite X2 1011 G1
    Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (12.5 or 14" [Wacom])
    Surface 4 (if fanless Core M)

In that order but a close call between the Elite X2 1011 and the Toshiba X20t.

The HP site does confirm that a 4 year NBD onsite Carepak can be purchased for the Elite X2 1011 G1. The Toshiba is depot only. I tried to put an 1011 in checkout but they must not be in stock yet. CES reviews all said late January availability. Can't anybody roll a device out on time?

I also like the HP's docking connector's ability to double as a connector for DP, VGA or HDMI dongles. That keeps the mUSB free when in tablet only mode.

Edit: Looks like the checkout cart is active. Shipping date is reported as 3/2/15.

[​IMG]

Pen is included. I've not yet decided what I'm going to order but it's good to know that there should be some user reviews of the kb soon. Maybe they'll pop up in BB or the MS store so I can take the kb for a ride.

Wonder if Zagg will be making a backlit kb case for the Surface. Any rumors on a 3d party kb?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015