HP Elite Folio - hope for WoA?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Kumabjorn, Jun 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Soo, does the release of the Elite Folio breathe some oxygen on the moldering amber of WoA? Or is it a project that been in the pipeline so long that the release is an attempt to minimize potential losses? It isn’t exactly cheap, on the other hand everything is included.

2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

WoA is like that chalky lump of something in my fireplace that simply won't go away, but it won't reignite either. Sadly,the only interesting thing I've looked at with WoA is the crazy implementation done on the Lumia 950

Bronsky likes this.
  3. jedah

jedah Scribbler - Standard Member

Although WoA isn't quite for me yet, I'm glad MS and HP are releasing high end products that use it. Until AMD and Intel are able to bring the same performance/power, I think Arm is still a worthwhile endeavor. The performance seems already at parity w/ a typical i5 ultrabook chip (at least for an 8CX). The main problem seems to be encouraging developers to actually recompile their apps for Arm.

4. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

We've had our hands on one though we didn't put it through our entire formal testing set.

I'd argue that it is physically, the nicest looking and feeling laptop that HP makes. The fold over hinge IMHO is the best execution of the 2 in1 design yet.

OTOH we ran a couple of more informal performance tests and it came in (in some cases significantly ) below the Pro X and typically closer to the Samsung Galaxy Book 2

It does appear to have significantly better battery life though, and the display is a bit better in terms of color gamut and uniformity.

But the price:eek:

Kumabjorn likes this.