HP did it again...offering the Elite x2 1012 and kicking Spectre x2 owners in ...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by HuckleBoo, Nov 20, 2015.

1. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Only a few weeks after HP shipped the Spectre x2 12, it's now offering a better version: Elite x2 1012

www.hp.com/go/elitex21012

Looks like the Spectre x2 12, but offers much more for the money: Thunderbolt 3

It's maybe sharing the case with the Spectre and at least the same display dimension, but I would not expect to share the available accessoires like the WiGa dock, the Travel keyboard or at least the maintenance guide. They say you will be able to replace the memory, storage as well as the display at your office.

But Thunderbolt 3 is a huge advantage, because you can use your Nvidia video cards in an (commercial or DIY) eGPU case and play the hottest games on your external or internal display!

I'm currently using the Nvidia GTX970 with Windows10 running on my MacBook. And I will be very happy to replace it with a native Windows 2-in-1 device with Touchscreen, Pen and using the latest Intel Skylake technology.

The Elite x2 offers 2x 4k connectivity over Thunderbolt or 2x 2k via internal interfaces.

Btw, HP confirmed already that the Active Pen for the 1012 will be based on Wacom technology.

Will be available on Monday at the online store and I guess you will see it very soon an BB and MS stores, as well.

What else did you need on your wishlist for Cyber Monday or Black Friday to tryout over Thanksgiving?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I follow your arguments than Mercedes is "screwing" it's customers because their S-Class has more features then the E-Class for just just a little bit more money.

The spectre is meant for consumers, they normally don't need these features.

3. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it is if you would like to by a new car with the latest technology, catch the biggest E-class model from the newest series and a weeks later see the newest S-class plattform. Fully loaded with industry-leading technology like Thunderbolt and USB 3.1. The entry model of the S-class for a couple of bucks less will offer more features.

You will never be able to use all this nice features of tomorrow's world. http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04886130.pdf:

* a wireless Dockingstation, where you don't have to plug-in all this annoying cables
    * Thunderbolt, where you can play games with a GTX 970 directly connected to you system on your desk. This setup works with the internal display, as well as with the external 4k display!
    * A light travel keyboard

I'm a consumer, too.

4. FZelle

You know the S-Class always has the better equipment and still looked into the e-class.
    Still the same, you looked in the wrong class and now are p... that you made the wrong decision.
    Nope, the envy comes without the keyboard for the same price, so in reality it is ~$150 more expensive.

5. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually a few websites said that it comes with the keyboard for the 899 entry price.

6. FZelle

That's why it is listed in the Accessories file above with a hint ( 3 ) for both keyboards
    Every page I read stated the keyboard is extra.

7. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually if you click the link the OP posted it says 899 with backlit travel keyboard. There are 2 versions of the keyboard, one basic one and one optional one that has a smart card reader.

8. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

So let's see, the elite is twice the price with a keyboard and still only a m5 processor but it has THUNDERBOLT, what a deal. I like the black keys though.

9. FZelle

10. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

$1500 for the 256gb version with a keyboard vs. $830 for the m7(not m5) 256gb version of the spectre using the available 30% off coupon. I rounded, it's only 81% more expensive, not 100%.