HP Delivery??

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tedmozer, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedmozer

tedmozer Pen Pal - Newbie

The past several computers I have purchased for myself were from Dell. While Dell is far from perfect, their shipping has been excellent with orders arriving days before they were promised.

What can I expect from HP? I ordered my TX2500z on 9/8 and was given as estimated shipping date of 9/15. I just checked the site and it still says the unit is in production with a estimated shipping date of 9/15 (yesterday).

When should I realistically look for my Tablet to arrive?

2. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

I think within a couple days at most but I would call them and follow up verbally.

3. tedmozer

The bad news: I just received an email saying my new estimated ship date was 9/18.

The good news: I also received a $50 coupon to use on future purchases (due to the delay).

The semi-bad news: I would have used the $50 to purchase the stand that I already ordered from Costco.

Any suggestions for a nice additional to my pending TX 2500z for around $50 from HP??

4. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

I've ordered two CTO laptops from HP - a tx2000 and a tx2500. The tx2000 was built and shipped on the Monday before its estimated ship date (a Friday) and arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday, two days before the estimated ship date. The tx2500 was a different story - it missed the estimated ship date and I received a new estimate for a few days later and a coupon (Exactly like your experience). The laptop shipped the next morning and FedEx delivered in two days even though I ordered with standard ground shipping - very speedy, definitely got my $50 dollars worth!! Also, if for whatever reason you have to return (not that a tx3000 is going to come out during your month return period) - that process is simple as pie as well. I bought a laptop backpack with my $50, ended up being free. Its been extremely useful for class...very satisfactory. I've heard good things about the tx2500 stand if thats something you might need.

5. batatafrita

batatafrita Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

My experience with HP was very good. I bought a Tx2500z CTO and it was shipped on the estimated day (with the free shipping option). It shipped on a Friday and was supposed to arrive on a Wednesday. Even though on Saturday FedEx said there were problems at the customs, they were resolved on Monday and the laptop ended up arriving on Tuesday (a day before the estimated date).

I had ordered a Media Center remote with the laptop ($20 or so), but it doesn't fit the tx2500 slot, the remote didn't work, and the tx2500 brought an unadvertised small remote anyway (which does fit the express card slot). I called them to return the remote I bought and get a refund, and they just gave me the refund - no need to send it back. I received a refund in a couple of days.

In short, my experience couldn't have been better!

6. tedmozer

FedEx: SHANGHAI CN

Well, hopefully my TX250z is going on a jet and not a slow boat from China!

7. batatafrita

batatafrita Pen Pal - Newbie

That's where mine came from, and as I said on the previous post it arrived one day before the estimated date! :)

8. tedmozer

From China to Alaska to Newark..... Too bad these computers don't come with frequent flyer miles.

9. shutterbug

shutterbug Smile - You are on camera

Mine shipped from Shanghai and was delivered one day earlier than the estimated day of arrival. :)

10. tedmozer

After two weeks of anticipation (and hanging out on this message board) I have now had two days to play with my new TX2500z. I've manually gotten rid of the bloatware (or most of it). Replaced the 1 gig memory strip with a 2 gig (to give me 4). Did all the updates (hardware and software). Installed Office 2007 Professional. Synced my Mobile 6.1 PDA/Phone. And played.

So far I am very happy!

Tonight I finally rotated the screen and played with the pen input. Blew me away!

This is my first real experience with Vista (after years of XP). Seems fine and fast enought for me.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.