1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p : 32 or 64 bit ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by robozo, Apr 14, 2012.

1. robozo

robozo Pen Pal - Newbie

first of all thank you!! i ordered what agent9 recommended :

HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p Windows 7, Notebook Tablet Dual Core 12" WiFi [51] | eBay

and it seems it works fine, great service in this forum!!!

thanks!!

now i want to install gimp, is my machine 32 or 64 bit?

greetings robozo
  2. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

The hardware can run either version. You'll need to check and see which O.S. is installed.

Start ->Control Panel -> System

In the middle of the page it will give you the system specs and what is installed.
  3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know what you want to do in GIMP (drawing, photo editing, text art, ect...), but I've found it very lacking for digital drawing; I know I recommended it in a thread by 'Boots' recently, but if you haven't seen it then I'd recommend you give 'My Paint' a spin (its a nice well featured drawing program that's free opensourced) and the brush engine isn't bad at all

You will have to be sure you have a recent Wacom Driver installed, Drivers | Wacom Americas
  4. robozo

robozo Pen Pal - Newbie

mmmh. ok, i guess ill have to check it out, im a illustrator,a drawer, so i want do do digital paintings, airbrush etc.so far gimp seemed allright...