HP Compaq 2710p Tablet PC First Look Review Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by -, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Guest

HP has done it again, but this time they turned it up a notch with the newly released 2710p Tablet PC. This 12.1" tablet has a solid design that is sleek and very appealing. It's not all eye-candy either, with its 1.2GHz Core 2 Duo processor and solid chassis. I mean there is no flex in this tablet at all and the brushed aluminum trim around the keyboard definitely catches the eye. My first impressions of the 2710p are good and I have only spent a few hours with it.

Read the full content of this Article: HP Compaq 2710p Tablet PC First Look Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice review Tiffany.

Looking forward to hearing further what you feel of this little number.

3. Mynd Ara

Mynd Ara Deus Ex Macchus

likewise. This machine has raised questions since its announcement, I can't wait to see all that deciphered.

4. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The kiss of death for me, that point stick.

5. manhattan

manhattan Scribbler - Standard Member

Here Here!

What I really want to know is: Can it handle some real OneNote usage under Vista? And how close to the edge of the screen does it let you get before it starts distorting your pen input?

My TC1100 starts distorting my hand writing into weird scribbles and scratches when I approach 1/4" from the edge of the LCD.

Also my TC1100 gets its butt handed to it by medium to heavy oneNote usage. Going from pen to eraser; or the scratch-out gesture causes the tablet to lag. It's basically the CPUs limitation because it's at 100% usage, and I have 2GB of RAM, which is plenty because seldom is 50% of it utilized. Plus I'm using a 80GB 7200rpm Hitachi travelStar

The thing is my TC1100 has a 1.1GHz Pentium M and the 2710p comes with 1.2GHz u7600 C2D. Is it enough of an upgrade?

6. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Funny how the point stick polarizes so much. It's hard to appreciate from these images how small this tablet really is. There's really not room for much of a touch pad.

7. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if the processor is soldered onto the motherboard? Being able to upgrade the ULV processor when the next generation of ULV (with better performance) is out would be a big plus for me. This tablet pc is perfect for my use-case *except* for that weak processor.

Edit: Oh, and does anyone know if the tablet digitizers are all post-April? Aka, if they have the firmware from Wacom that puts them at 512 level so pressure?

8. James Sonne

James Sonne Pen Pal - Newbie

It looks like there are buttons on the edge of the screen which have functions to rotate the screen or some other things. A real negative is no directional pad on the face of the screen, though. I use it all the time on my Motion to scroll webpages. Invaluable.

9. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agree.... and this was the sole reason why Fujitsu And Fujitsu Siemens went against their normal practice of using a TouchPad on the P1500/1600 range of Tablet PC's.

10. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Express Card/54 eh?

I'm liking the fact that it could use the Asus XG Station . . . if it ever comes out!