HP Business Support-My Recent Experience

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fldrice, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

Firstly, I would like to say that I have been a long-term Compaq/HP Business customer and have owned the following notebooks: evo n1000c, nc8230, tc4200, and 2710p. In each of the previous cases, I have received timely and excellent technical and hardware support. However, such is not the case with my recent experiences with HP's support department. I first noticed the lack of service quality a few months ago when the tc4200 had to go in for service for a latching issue. After, 3 trips to the repair depot, a de-threaded strip cover (tech tried to attach it with masking tape), a crack bluetooth module cover (tech overtightened the screws causing the plastic to crack), and some other cracked plastic bits, the issue was finally resolved when I offered to fix the unit myself if HP would ship me the parts.

More recently, I sent in my 2730p because of a headphone jack issue and a finish peeling issue on the palm rest (should not happen with a 2 month old machine). I sent the unit to the repair depot on 6/17/09 and the unit was "evaluated" and returned to me on 6/19/09. Although, I was now receiving audio out of the right audio channel from the headphone jack, it was still considerably weaker than that of the left channel. Additionally, the tech completely ignored my palm rest issue. After talking to tech support, I reshipped the unit to the depot on 6/23/09. Since my 2730p supposedly has a "2 business day turnaround," and I did receive my unit back after about a week I called the status line to get my case escalated before the 4th of July (apparently the part needed to repair my tablet is on back order). Although the case has been "escalated" I still did not receive an estimated repair completion date or and ETA for the backordered part. Therefore, I decided to escalate the case to HP's Customer Relations Dept on 07/08/09. On 07/14/09 my case manager told me over the phone that HP would be replacing my unit with a new one since the repair depot still didn't have an ETA for the backordered part. However, after looking at HP's inventory, he could not find a 2730p in stock; I would have to wait 2-3 weeks for a new build. I accepted HP's offer (not much choice) and told my case manager to send a written confirmation of our conversation via e-mail, but I have yet to receive this confirmation as of 07/23/09. Thus far, I have found my case manager to be rather unresponsive to my inquiries about a written confirmation for replacement the order. I'm rather fed up with the entire situation but I will kee everyone updated as it progresses.

2. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

UPDATE: I finally received a written confirmation for the replacement order and a tracking number.

3. Mufaddal

Mufaddal Pen Pal - Newbie

Wonderful, I have updated my Tx2z warranty from 1yr to 3yr warranty.

In my case, will any malfunction will also replace the product? or repaired?

4. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

Update: I received the replacement unit today. Looks like it came directly from the factory in China. I'm supposed to receive a slice battery for my "troubles," we will see how that plays out.

I don't know about normal consumer service policies. Most likely it will be repaired; I doubt that you have a 2 business day turnaround time associated with your unit, however.