HP 608 G1 2 small issues need help

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by swanlee, Feb 25, 2016.

1. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

So first day with the HP 608 G1 been pretty smooth so far but I have two small issues and wondering if anyone knows how to fix it

1. WiFi goes to limited after it goes to sleep, saw this once and it will be annoying if it keeps happening.

2. Adaptive brightness seems to still be on even though I turned it off in the power settings. The display slightly changes brightness at times.

2. swanlee

Yea the Wifi adapter going into limted internet mode,it keep happening when it goes into sleep mode, did plugged in and on battery. I have to toggle airplane mode to get it back. This is pretty annoying, their must be some type of fix for this as it is pretty detrimental.

3. swanlee

Also anyone notice a slight delay in registering touch commands? It's like if I don't touch the tablet for a few seconds the first touch takes an extra millisecond to register. Not a huge deal but slightly annoying. I did a touch calibration and it did not seem to help

So far no deal breakers just a few little annoyances where if they were fixed this would be a pretty perfect tablet for me

4. swanlee

This touchscreen thing is pretty annoying, it is like the touch screen has a one second timeout and after one second of not being touched their is a millisecond delay triggering it back on. I really hope this can be fixed. Pretty sure it is some software or driver issue

5. nsenda

nsenda Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you have the win 8.1 version like me minus mobile internet. I don't have the issues you're having but, will share my approach to tweaking.

Touch: I calibrate for pen but configure for touch (tip from thread on my previous device). It takes a few tries & I purge old calibrations each attempts. My screen seems very sensitive, picks up touches with my finger mm away but not often. No delays if I walk away or hit sleep.

WiFi: Troubleshooting mobile internet, I removed all Intel WiFi drivers & software then using the Intel driver utility, I updated the WiFi driver (graphics as well since it was there 15.38.4.64.4234). Ran the HP support assistant & installed updates for the WiFi if suggested. Probably did since 18.32.0.5 is installed now & the Intel tool recommends 18.32.0 ... sticking to what works till the next Intel update.

I think the key may be somewhere in the way I removed non essential stuff. List is to long so here is a pic of what's left (removing energy star was noticeable): upload_2016-2-27_1-28-17.png

*no auto brightness but doubt its relevant. Not sure how but, mine is running really good now but any windows or driver update can change that quickly. Wish I had a better answer..

6. swanlee

Thanks for the help, the touch screen issue has no fix, updated firmware to the one that came out over the weekend and still laggy issues. Other people are having the same problem so I sent the tablet back and will wait a few months and order again where hopefully HP has corrected the issue.