HP 2730P use other wacom pens/ stylus on PC?

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by Nyc, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyc

Nyc Pen Pal - Newbie

I couldn't seem to find anything about this on the forums (If I missed it sorry that my searching skills aren't that great.)

But I recently got a HP 2730P and I wanted to know if there was a way to get a pen/stylus from my regular wacom tablet (like the intous) to work on the PC?

The default pen that came with it is just kind of small and feels a bit awkward to use. If anyone knows a way to make the other pen work I would really appreciate it. I am using windows 7. Thanks!

2. Nyc

Nyc Pen Pal - Newbie

gonna answer this for myself and maybe someone else, but you could possibly use the penabled pen by wacom, I am ordering one now and I will update to see if it works.

3. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You need a pen specifically compliant with Penabled digitizers. Your typical Graphire/Bamboo/Intuos pen will NOT work. Cintiq pens MIGHT, if we're talking the old 15X and 17SX instead of their modern offerings.

It used to be that you could search on eBay for the Axiotron Studio Pen, which has a very Intuos-esque design and works with all Tablet PCs, 2730p included...but I'm not sure if they're sold anymore.

4. schrodinger

schrodinger Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to use the stylus of galaxy note 2 on it and it works (not better than the supplied on though).......Does this translates that wacom bamboo feel will work too???? hope this really....

I hope anyone who tried it gives feedback............

5. schrodinger

schrodinger Pen Pal - Newbie

6. rjh

rjh Pen Pal - Newbie

I think this is bad advice.

While it may have been working at one stage, the Bamboo Stylus Feel doesn't work with the 2730p currently.

I have the CS-300U BSF, (bought after reading this thread and doing some careful research) and it does not work with the 2730p; neither does the 2730p currently appear in Wacom's compatibility list. The only functionality it has is pointer movement and left click; no right click, no hold for right click, and switch does not work.

What I do know is, Wacom have made this stylus incredibly confusing, (there are at least 3 different versions of the feel - they all look the same) even the model number doesn't seem to be a reliable guide.

Don't waste your money.

From http://www.wacom.asia/bamboo-stylus/feel/compatibility

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.