HP 2710P - Screen Protector and 1.8 GHz CPU

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Larcen007, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larcen007

Larcen007 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am thinking of getting an HP 2710P and I have a few questions.

First, what screen protector do you think I should get? The screen is an "outdoor viewing screen." I know there is anti-glare coat vs. anti-reflect coat. Can someone compare the indoor and outdoor screens?

Also, the 2710p has a L7700 1.8 Ghz processor. the only review I can find regarding this processor is the IBM x61 (and there was an 8/9 cell battery, not 6). Can someone tell me their experience with the 1.8 Ghz CPU - battery drain and speed of the system compared to a 1.33 ghz?

Thank you in advance.

Also - how does having the 120 GB 5400 RPM affect performance/battery?

2. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

The 2710p doesn't need a screen protector, it has a chemically strengthened glass screen. If you can get the 5400rpm drive, do it. The performance will be much better (feels much more zippy) at no real cost to battery life. The fastest available processor for the 2710p is the 1.33ghz chip, you are going to have to get the 2730p if you want the 1.86ghz processor or faster 2.13ghz core 2. Both models use Low Voltage (LV) or Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) processors so upgrades are not possible.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Fldrice, on the refurb pages there are 1.8ghz 2710p's. It must have been a silent update by HP.

4. Larcen007

Larcen007 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ended up getting the 2710p with a 1.2 ghz processor for $599. The main buying point was that it actually included the ultra slim expansion base - which I thought was a steal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.