HP 2710p Integrated Camera issues

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tabrev, Aug 28, 2007.

1. tabrev

tabrev Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys
    Is anyone aware of issues with the integrated webcam in hp 2710p?

Here is my problem:

I can use it with the included Newsoft business card software, windows live messengar, yahoo im
    But, I can't take pics with it. Either there is no software included for it by the factory, or there is some other issue:

The computer is not detecting the camera under Control Panel - Hardware - Scanners & Cameras. However, it is getting detected in the Device manager.

To those who own HP 2710p, how do you take pics? Did you had the same issues?

2. MT77

MT77 Pen Pal - Newbie

First off, I'm a tx1000 owner.
    Vista does not include software to take pictures with a camera like XP did. HP included Quickplay on the tx1000 and other consumer notebooks so one could take pictures and record videos with the integrated webcam.

My webcam also doesn't show up under Scanners & Cameras.

You may just have to find some other software.

3. KensingtonPark

KensingtonPark Pen Pal - Newbie

tabrev:

I agree with MT77. There's no software for it; that software comes with their consumer PCs. The 2710p is a business line notebook.

This probably gives away my advanced age, but what would you take pictures of with this? Webcams don't make great cameras.

K

4. topboxman

topboxman Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

tabrev, please let us know if topboxman's solution worked...that would be great. Thanks!