How unlock used Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon) so I can use T-Mobile SIM??

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by pcumming, Jun 6, 2021.

1. pcumming

pcumming Pen Pal - Newbie

How unlock used Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon) so I can use T-Mobile SIM??

My friend bought a used Galaxy Book 2, put in his t-Mobile Sim and message came up that stated something to the effect that his device needs a Verizon Sim. Even with this message (as someone said it still worked) it did not get a signal.

He cannot return this as he bought it from some 3rd party he will never see again.

He has T-Mobile as a carrier for quite a few phones and has some sort of lifetime extra device -T-Mobile sim plan he can use so he does not want to move just this device to Verizon.

The question is can this be unlocked by Verizon store? And even if it is and APN settings are changed would it work with a T-Mobile Sim?

I know nothing about these LTE laptops and not sure at least for Samsung if the radio in it is somewhat universal or compatible with most US carriers.

Thank you for any advice.

I appreciate it.

Sincerely

Peter

JoeS likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

To your core question I don't have an answer since I've never had a LTE laptop.

However should you get it unlocked, as someone who transitioned from Verizon to T-Mobile phones and spent many years sim swapping, You're T-mobile Sim will likely work, but it won't work well. They both use different cellular bands, so you would likely get questionable service and random dead zones that wouldn't normally get if you had a verizon sim in it.

3. pcumming

pcumming Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much!

4. LarryM63

LarryM63 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Verizon model I use with ATT. To get mine working with ATT , I changed the APN settings. You should be able to do the same thing to get LTE working. Mine has worked perfectly except having to change the APN settings whenever I restart my Galaxy Book 2.

JoeS likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The Book 2 is actually unlocked from Verizon. The issue is that it doesn't support a couple of T-mobiles most common LTE bands. However we haven't found anywhere where we couldn't get a usable signal at all.

link below to the t-mobile APN settings which should be semi sticky. Patch Tuesdays seem to clobber them consistently, but normal use including shutdowns and restarts don't seem to be an issue, at least on our lab unit.

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    JoeS likes this.
  6. LarryM63

LarryM63 Pen Pal - Newbie

If my Galaxy Book 2 is restarted it clears my APN settings. Saving the settings hasn't worked.