How to use a tablet comfortably?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by davidd31415, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Fishface

Fishface Scribbler - Standard Member

I use a bookstand/copyholder extended by putting a small wooden shelf on top of it for hand-rest purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Vanne

Vanne Slate

I have the Fujitsu slate Dock, But even though this is great For using As a standart monitor, its not good to draw on Like that. still Looking for a solution.

3. gecho

gecho Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd probably prefer to use my tablet flat like a piece of paper, but the poor off-axis viewing makes for a frustrating experience.

Cheap / easy solution for better viewing ... a 2.5" 3 ring binder. I used an Avery binder because the clear cover provided more fricton to keep the tablet in place. A 2.5" binder gives about a 30 degree incline.

Now I'm using a logitech stand for my TX2. It can be set at 20, 30, or 40 degrees. It has a pivot in the back and sliders in the front which allows it to move side to side. With the extra capacity battery I have installed on my tablet, 20 degrees is the setting I use most. The stand folds flat so I can put it in my computer backpack to take to class with me.

I got the MK605 kit which comes with a stand, wireless keyboard / mouse, and micro-receiver.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/notebook_products/stands/&cl=us,en

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. prevenge

prevenge Pen Pal - Newbie

I sit with it and look straight down, tablet resting on my lap.
    It seems to work. I was in class with a slanted desk and that was bothering me. :p

5. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

This is what I use. It was actually made for the iPad and the lip wasn't high enough. I talked to the owner of the company and he sent me an extra lip with 3M glue on one side. I put it on and its been holding my almost 5 pound gorilla at any angle I need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one shot from the front.

[​IMG]

What I'd like is a Fujitsu Stylistic type dock that lets you tilt it as well as turn it from wide screen to portrait. A lot of the screens problems would be solved with a decent dock like that.

Any of you found a better way to prop yours up?

These are posted on photobucket so who knows how many views I have. :D

6. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can't believe no one posted here yet...

My method of propping up my Tm2 is way more "un-finished" it works really well though. When I rest my hand on the screen, or put pressure on it with the pen, it feels extremely rock solid (absolutely no flex). It is now easy to put the Tm2 on my lap and draw on the screen (which is at the perfect angle now). The fan speed can be low or higher (it is pretty quite, I do have a much higher rpm fan that is way louder but also pushes more air) It really keeps the temps down, highest I've seen is ~50 C; under normal conditions it'd be ~62 C (that's with the lower rpm fan too)

I took 3 sections of foam, glued them together, and roughed out a shape. then made a place for the battery pack (8 AA's), fan, and speed controller (from a cpu cooler). it is super simple, I want to make a nicer version, with a 3 way rocker switch (battery, off, and power brick) but I'm really busy right now, so some other time.

The best part about this is it cost me $0 because I had all this stuff lying around.

This is my "work station", functional, not beautiful. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If they had a cheap, solid, and comfortable one in the stores I'd buy it, but I haven't found one... yet.

lets see what everyone else is using:)

7. tabwetter

tabwetter Pen Pal - Newbie

agent9 is crazy! That's so ubergeek, I love it! It's totally something I would do.

8. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'll take that as a compliment thank you

@Synergi how is that holding up?

9. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

Agent9, you're insane! Love it!

10. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

In class I use my old TI-85 under the bump to tilt it comfortably when in tablet mode. Looking for something else, but it works pretty good, stands "securely" and gives me the right angle for inking..