How to unlock Secondary Landscape Orientation on the T5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by darkphantom, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveOnBass

DaveOnBass Scribbler - Standard Member

I did see that, but dismissed it out of hand as I want it to automatically switch to secondary landscape when I fold it down - if I wanted to song-and-dance it into submission each time I want to use it that way, then it's easier to fold it down and physically turn the machine 180 degrees.

I even have it automatically switching *now*, the only issue is that it flips to portrait after a second.

2. DaveOnBass

DaveOnBass Scribbler - Standard Member

UPDATE: on the T900 I have received a helpful answer from the Fujitsu forum!

I don't think this applies to the T5010 (although it might if you have Win7 and already have all 4 orientations selectable from the control panel) so I'll put it in a new thread.

3. Indinfer

Indinfer Indinfer (TM)

Here is a link to the post to which DaveOnBass refers:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=31082

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. nashphile

nashphile Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded the Fujitsu Aussie Driver and it works.
    How easy is that.

5. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Just in case it isn't already clear, the registry patch described on page 3 also works for the T5010 under Windows XP - and all of XP's tablet functions (such as they are) remain intact, including auto-rotate between saved profiles.
    Ciao,
    Lenny

6. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

wait, so while in tablet mode, you guys are able to get full 4 orientations in windows 7 64bit?

if I lean it down and switch it to the secondary landscape mode, it stays for a second, flickers and switches back to normal mode...so i can only get 3 orientations.

7. Indinfer

Indinfer Indinfer (TM)

My solution does not involve updating drivers or touching the registry. (See my earlier posts.) In my experience with my T5010, fresh from the factory, you get all 4 orientations when in Laptop mode, and 3 orientations when in tablet mode. To me, this is counter-intuitive why Fujitsu would give you the forth orientation (an up-side-down orientation), for Laptop, and then take pains to deny this orientation in Tablet mode.

In any case, rotating and folding down the display for tablet use puts the T5010 in tablet mode. And raising the lid and rotating it for laptop use puts it in laptop mode. And you can change orientations through the context menu (the menu you get by right-clicking on the desktop).

My solution is not acceptible for some because my solution will never be completely automatic, the way we would think it should be. Even so, I like my solution because I do not have to touch the Registry nor install drivers that Fujitsu does not sanction.

I have 32-bit Win7 installed.

8. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

The lack of one orientation in tablet mode is because of concern in some countries (e.g. by the FCC in the U.S.A.) that the wi-fi antennas will be too close to the user. Because my daughter's computer is mounted to her wheelchair at 55 cm from her head that is clearly not a concern. The other "fixes" described in this thread will provide automatic rotation to all 4 orientations.
    Ciao,
    Lenny

9. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok - but do you guys see the dilemma? In tablet mode, I can't simply just hit a button and view it without having to turn the entire laptop around, and again when switching to laptop mode.

What is the registry fix for this for windows 7 64bit?

10. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Guys, look what I found on fujitsu manual:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I guess intel wifi module has two antennas, one on each side of the screen, that´s why one or two orientations are locked.

Other wifi modules dont have this restriction (I think they use one antenna)

So, maybe if we change the wifi for another compatible one, we wont need to change/edit registry.

BTW,. it says that with wifi off "all orientations work" Well, If I turn off wifi, it stays the same :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.