How to tell if my X200T has an LED backlit screen?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by sanufi, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanufi

sanufi Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered a Lenovo X200T with the superbright LED screen but am noticing that the screen brightness isn't all that bright even at the max brightness setting.

My previous tablet was the Fujitsu T2010 with indoor/outdoor LED screen. Subjectively, it seemed much brighter but it was also much glossier and very reflective.

So, I'm wondering if Lenovo may have misconfigured my screen to be the CCFL version instead of the LED version. Any way to tell from physical inspection?

2. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

No, there is no way to tell (unless you do a side-by-side comparison with one that you are sure of the specs). If you are absolutely sure that your model is supposed to have a backlit LED screen; then it has one.....

Glossy screens always appear to be brighter (that's why people like them so much). The major downside to gloss is its highly reflective nature renders it useless for outdoors and well lit areas with lights in front of the screen.

BTW. I have a LED screen and it's noticably brighter than traditional CCFL screens.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you have an oscilloscope you can check if it's LED backlit or not.
    Migraine headaches from LED backlighting in x200t
    Just connect a photo resistor or transistor to the oscilloscope, and hold the photo resistor to the display. Then check what frequency you get and if you can see a PWM signal, which is a definite sign for LED's.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

Cool! Never thought of that.... I'll try it at the University!

5. Mbai2

Mbai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Or you could just wave your hand in front of the screen in a dark room. If you see a strobe light effect on your hand while it moves, you have the LED screen. If it looks normal, you have a CCFL screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.