How to speed up the charging rate during a travel ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jacklondom, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacklondom

jacklondom Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess every person fond of traveling always encounter the power savinng& charging issues because of the less domains in a hotel room. Generally we carry several important gadgets and electronics outside like cameras, phones and portable bluetooth speaker,etc. This is why I bought this desktop charger to release me from the embarrass of losing contact : Inateck® 30W 4-Port USB Desktop Charger Travel Power: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But can anybody try to figure a way to help me charge the all devices faster ? At least not so lower than the time I charge a device one one. I hate to waste too much time in waiting.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...can anybody try to figure a way to help me charge the all devices faster ?..>>

Nope, and you probably shouldn't try to unless you want your batteries to degrade prematurely. Without going into the details, charging batteries faster than they are designed to be charged causes those batteries to die sooner than they ordinarily would. The faster you try to push them, the faster they die. There have been a few designs for battery charging circuits that were claimed to dramatically decrease battery charging time, but none of them (to my knowledge) ever lasted on the market very long because of their adverse effect on battery life.

Your best bet is to have enough USB ports (or AC adapters) so that you can simply charge all of your most essential devices simultaneously...

Good luck.

3. jacklondom

Thanks for your kind reminder. I can't agree with you more on the batter protection.

Some people suggested a "Airmode" or "turnoff". Somebody advised me to take with a portable batter packs.I guess I will try solar charger. Have you ever tried any good brand ?

4. Kingskiel

Kingskiel Pen Pal - Newbie

How about bring a portable power bank with you? Good quality power bank charges fast and can charge your devices more than once.

5. Kate12

Kate12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Jacklondom! I am going to share some tips. I hope you will like them.
    Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the iPod Touch's "Settings" application if you want to further reduce its operating power without turning the device off completely.
    Some USB hubs provide only a minimal power output. Although this will charge an iPod Touch, connecting directly to a computer's USB port, rather than a hub, can increase its charging rate.
    As a USB power adapter is only supplying a charging current to one device, its charging rate is often faster than a computer's USB port. It also removes the need to leave your computer powered up to charge the iPod Touch.

6. jacklondom

Ok, Kate, don't worry. I think I have found the way to make things better with this charger. Still very thanks for your tips though I want to know more about how to improve the rate but not about how to save the power.:)

7. jacklondom

Yeah, Kingskie, I have ordered another portable power bank on Amazon. Thus during a travel, I will leave the original family sized one at the hotel and take this new one away just in my backpack. Is this a good idea ? :D

8. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Pen Pal - Newbie

Buy one of them newer Anker chargers that auto detects. Look for one that is over 50 watt and says auto detects. I don't have that particular model but the Sabrent (which also is an auto detect model). I have over 5 Smartphones, iPad 4, and an Android tablet which I charge on a rotation basis (5 ports available). They all charge fairly quickly. I not too sure about the iPad though as I almost always charge the iPad at night before I got to sleep since it takes so long to charger even on the oem iPad charger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.