How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tbaldree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmandaWA

AmandaWA Pen Pal - Newbie

I registered with the forum so I could say a big THANKYOU to the programmers for making Paint Dock. I'm using it with Photoshop CS5.1 on Win 7 and it works perfectly.

Like others have mentioned, there was a small problem with the alt key - I needed to edit the file because the line for the pick tool had both the Alt and B key on it, I took out the B key and all is fine.

Many thanks!

2. iVic

iVic Pen Pal - Newbie

What a great tool! Thanks to all you geniuses!! I am using it for PS CS6 in Win 7 and so far it is mostly error free. I modified it for Illustrator CS6 and it seems to be working fine too, except for the occasional erratic freezes and behaviors. Next up is Indesign :)

Here's a screenshot of my modified Illustrator 'DrawDock' LOL!
    DrawDock.jpg

3. mtqpham

mtqpham Pen Pal - Newbie

Great stuff! i do have one problem though, whenever i draw a curve in photoshop its not a smooth curve. It looks like i used a series of straight lines. Can use the tablet pressure curve tool to edit this?

4. fxmx

fxmx Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same situation. were you able to fix it?

Otherwise, does anyone knows why is this happening? thanks

5. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

hi thank for all info in the forum

my english is far away from perfection

I try w8 and have problems to disable touch [not solved] but also have problem with new firmware.

for this reason I made a mix between paint docck interface and rhe art dock heart,

I also made some modifications practical for me workflow

I shared back to us, thank for the help

Capture.JPG

http://www.gahfe.com/artpaintdock.zip

PS: a little tip, if you use 120dpi interface you can install ahkl in 32 bit mode, and compatibility mode "disable display scaling"

PS2: sorry if this a little buggy or something, i'm not a coder, but work for me

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. verklighet

verklighet Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here!

Someone please help, all my lines are jagged and not smoothly curved.

I'll explain:

1. When i FIRST opened the Samsung Series 7 Slate, out of the box, I installed the Wacom tablet drivers from here, Support - Tablet PCs XE700T1A | Samsung Tablet PCs

2. After doing that, the tablet worked SMOOOTHLY with Photoshop, the lines were beautifully going from Thick to Thin, from Light to Dark, etc.

3. Then I went on to this thread, http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sam...ng-series-7-slate-serious-photoshop-work.html

I went there and tried to get "perfect" Pressure Sensitivity by following the instructions listed in that thread. AFTER doing exactly what was instructed and even restarting my computer... all my lines became jagged and edgy, it is barely possible to get a clean , smooth line now. :(

I think it had to do with this step:

"Go to Control Panel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->Services and select TabletServiceISD, then stop and restart it. "

After that move, things went bad...

If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please respond, it would help tremendously.

Thank you!

7. verklighet

verklighet Pen Pal - Newbie

After I changed my ISD_Tablet.dat (in Users/MyComputer/AppData/Roaming/WTablet) to the one OP suggested, I get jagged lines when I draw in Photoshop.

I think the pen pressure for going from Dark to Light is actually good with the settings in OP's file (can be found at first page of this thread). But when it comes to drawing, it messes up the curves you draw, they become jagged and look like they are made with a series of straight lines instead of one smooth curve.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could this be because of the new Wacom_Digitizer_Pen 7.0.2.27 driver? A conflict perhaps.

Anyways, for the 2 posts above, if you wanna fix the jagged curves, this worked for me:

1. Go to C:/Users/YourComputerName/AppData/Roaming/Wtablet and then REMOVE ISD_Tablet.dat (or rename it, whichever you prefer. Rename it if you wanna save the file I guess..)

2. Now go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Services >> scroll down to TabletServiceISD >> Click it and then click "Stop the service" on the left >> Then click "Start the service"

That will create a NEW, RESETED ISD_Tablet.dat in your C:/Users/YourComputerName/AppData/Roaming/Wtablet folder. If you reopen Photoshop now, the curves should be smooth again.

AGAIN I restate, this is the original untouched Pen pressure file, if you wanna tweak it, download the Tablet Pen Pressure Curve tool mentioned at the first post in this thread.
    OR download the OP's ISD_Tablet.dat (follow his instructions at the first post)...although his way didn't work for me, as I mentioned, it resulted in jagged curves :(

8. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

hi I do this gahfe on deviantART

I try to earlier but I have problem posting and the mods/admin don't help me at all

but ok here is new version of this, I hope this can be useful for someone

sorry for my english

9. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

I made a new version of sidebar

I wanna share with you but I can't post a link and the mods/admin don't helpme at all.

I will try this

gahfe.deviantart.com/art/slatepal-330294614

doc-01.jpg

check my deviant if your are interesting, thanks

sorry my english

10. ihmepoika

ihmepoika Pen Pal - Newbie

I also lost touch input after trying artdock and artpaint-dock and then rebooting. How can i enable touch again?

Unfortunately i didnt have system restore point..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.