How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tbaldree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dralenaxe

Dralenaxe Pen Pal - Newbie

.dat settings are a breath of fresh air.

2. JMARCUS

JMARCUS Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone running this with PS CS6? When I try it doesn't respond then the paintdock quits (crashes)

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

4. floron

floron Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm. i'm getting freezes and then crashes when using cs6 (especially when i'm going to full-screen mode), but it's also happening with my ancient copy of photoshop 5.0 too. The weird thing is that Paintdock's buttons still seem to be there and working, it's just that they're invisible.

5. nimnimnim

nimnimnim Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry to be rather useless but I'm running CS6 and PaintDock and ArtDock (via script, making exe crashes but otherwise ok) and no problems only holding down modifiers for a long time may result in strange things but generally I only hold them down that long while using that modifier spec. as transmit key in ventrilo.
    but it should work.
    S7S, Win7x64SP1, PSCS6, PaintDock, ArtDock.

6. Undel

Undel Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for making this! I purchased a Samsung tablet earlier this week and your paintdock application has been incredibly useful. I was missing my wacom mappable buttons, but this did an excellent job of replacing them.

My tablet had pressure sensitivity with Photoshop out-of-the-box, and your paintdock program was easy to install and easy to modify. Thank you for making such an easy to read text file. I don't know much about programming, but with your comments in the file and the magic of copy + paste,I was able to customize my setup to have the functions that I use most. That you included the photoshop files for the buttons you made was a nice touch! I made a few custom buttons using your photoshop files as a base. They're not very flashy, but I was able to make a duplicate group, merge down, and adjust hue/sat button. :)
    thanksforpaintdock.jpg

Thanks again. You made me and several of my friends very happy tablet owners!

7. SWSU

SWSU Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know if I'm just an idiot. But I am having MAJOR problems with setting this up. I've been at this a good 7 hours and haven't even got close to completing the first step.

Have a Samsung Series 7 Slate, received it not too long ago and was working on touching it up, but it's been a bombardment of failure for me. Among the issues:

- When trying to install Paintdock, I usually extract it to User/Downloads and when I try and run it, whenever a button is clicked it automatically closes and dissapears.
    - Samsung Easy Settings are nowhere to be found.
    - With the Tablet Pressure Curve Tool, either the ISD_Tablet.dat is missing or there's another file in there, Paint.dat or something, and the program never recognizes it and asks for Wacom Configuration.

I can't really try and pinpoint anything of specifically to ask because everything is failing for me, and I'm unable to make any progress. But I guess if one thing that I am really unclear on. I don't know how to install the Paintdock and Curve Tool, or where to place them.

Any help would be seriously appreciated :)

8. anguscoleman

anguscoleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello to everyone, I am new. I draw with a new Asus ep121 and I say many thanks to the programmer of this wonderful tool.

Nontheless I ask your help for some big problems I am experimenting with Photoshop CS6 64 bit:
    Everything works fine if I keep the pen far from the tablet. Instead, if I keep the pen near the monitor, the keys do not get pressed but a few times It is very annoying. I had the same problem with PS CS2, just less tough.
    I upgraded in the hope that problems went away, but instead it is even worse. Can you help me?

Thank you very much

Angelo (i am italian, excuse me for the english)

9. HerrB

HerrB Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I'm also new on this forum. I bought my samsung slate 7 few months ago in France, and really want to try the paintdock now with photoshop.
    But.. it doesn't work at all. The dock appears on the screen (I use the left hand file), but it doesn't respond to any touch.

I also tried the Artdock version, and when I open the .ahk file, everything is ok and works.

What is different between the multitouch sensibilities of these 2 docks?

And... did someone try to include Corel painter?:rolleyes:

10. anguscoleman

anguscoleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I made a mistake. I am using PS version cs 5, not 6. Well, anybody can help me? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.