How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tbaldree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmarn

Jimmarn Pen Pal - Newbie

One problem, it disabled my touch, Windows 8. Now I can't get it back as it was. Just did so with my user, where can I fix this? It works if I use switch user.

2. Alliefoo

Alliefoo Pen Pal - Newbie

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm using CS5 and every time I do something in photoshop I can't use photodock anymore. It's still visible and disappears when I move my digitizer over it but I can't click any of the buttons on it unless I go into all the programs I have running and pick it. Then, the second I do something in PS I can't use it again.

3. Alliefoo

I just checked and none of paintdock's buttons are actually doing anything. It's interesting because it works outside of photoshop... like I can use it to select all files on my desktop in one click. Any advice?

4. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you did the update to the touch screen that Samsung realeased a couple months back it breaks this dock :-(

I've been looking for a fix ever since. But there's no way to undo the update. Even a clean reinstall of windows didn't work since it was more of a firmware update I guess.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

5. Alliefoo

eh, yeah, I just got this tablet and was excited about using it with this. That royally sucks...

6. cvheifner

cvheifner Pen Pal - Newbie

First off, thank you so much for putting together such an amazing setup! Quick question though. When I initially opened the PaintDock, everything seems to work fine. But once I closed the application, I no longer have the ability to use touch; I can only use the pen. I've even rebooted the system a few times with no luck.

System . Windows 7 64bit

Thank you so much and I really look forward to any help you can give me!

C.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. nimnimnim

nimnimnim Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm flubbergusted! I would never expect anything as good as this in terms of tablet utilities from wacom even! *subscribed*

8. pingram3541

pingram3541 Pen Pal - Newbie

just checking back, still on w8cp because w8rp says my slate is not compatible (secure boot, touch screen, and a few other items) but I'd still like to see a software option of disabling touch when the pen is in proximity to the screen. Someone mentioned a tweak in the script a few months back but I can't remember where. For now, still using a glove.

p.s. anyone have screen rotation via accelerometer working in w8cp?

9. buda81

buda81 Pen Pal - Newbie

did you install the updated drivers on the samsung site for the accelerometer?

10. ramis_ali85

ramis_ali85 Pen Pal - Newbie

can you do something for CorelDraw. I need Both click at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.