How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tbaldree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

I answer you in the other post, the problem is because the turn off function in win8 don't work until you logout.

this is a little confusing because paintdock try turn off touch when is running and if you don't close it properly, so when you logout (or restart) the turn off take effect.

the best method I found to turn off touch when you woek in photoshop is this program ぶちログ: タッチ停止プログラム更新 you can use it with the paintsock / artdock or my slatepal ;)

2. zaorr

zaorr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

First of all, thank you for sharing this.

I got myself a x230t that I got for cheap.

I fiddled with it and the closest I got it to working was if I uninstalled the wacom driver. No pressure sensitivity but at least the buttons would register and the touch would disable on screen.
    The problem is the touch is displaced a little and it seems I have to cover more distance to move in actual space on the toolbar so It might be a ratio or something.

Here is an example of where I pressed below and what button it activated above.

[​IMG]

Maybe this could help someone get closer to get the IBM X220t/x230t's working.

Thanks
    George

3. zaorr

zaorr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

Managed to do a bad programming mod to make the touch line up with the buttons.
    I had to change this piece of code:
    raw_y := NumGet(RawInputData, RAWINPUTHEADER_Size + 8 + 4, "UShort")
    To
    raw_y := NumGet(RawInputData, RAWINPUTHEADER_Size + 8 + 4, "UShort")*2.5

Can't find the propper place where this get's controlled or predefined yet.

Now I have the issue that the pen steals the pointer from the raw touch device. I think this is something internal to windows or it should be possible to seporate since it's a multitouch device that can distinquish between pen and finger.

Cheers.

4. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying to get PaintDock to work... I launch it and it shows up on the left side of my screen, but nothing causes any action when I tap it with my finger (dock is unresponsive), and if I move my pen towards it so the cursor goes near it, it vanishes. I know it's supposed to work by touch, but it's completely nonfunctional for me. I am running Win8 Pro x64 on an X230 Tablet... anyone know how to make this thing run?

5. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys, do you know if it is possible to run paintdock on a regular windows 7 pc?

I find the shortcuts very useful!

6. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Hey thanks! I checked out your tool bar and it looks cool. Haven't installed it yet.

It's there a way you can integrate the"ArtRage Pen Only Toolbar" to your script?
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?42522-The-Artrage-Pen-Only-Toolbar-is-ready!

Would you mind giving us more notes and download link on that "untouch script"?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

I get the same issue on my Win8 Pro 700t. It acts like that in certain programs (SAI), but not in things like Chrome. Haven't tested it recently on my new software, never found a way around it either.

8. Bel

Bel Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, if it's not I wouldn't mind if a mod moved this post.

Well I'm quite interested in getting a samsung slate for working in photoshop. I often paint in photoshop and was wondering if the slate could handle large files(100+ layers, multiple layer types...etc.). Is there any annoying lag or jitter? Is there a large displacement between the stylus nib and the cursor?

I work professionally and would love to use this awesome tablet.

Thanks guys in advance for answering. :)

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

what pixel size canvas and dpi? The S7S (or even better, the newer ativ 700t) use a ULV cpu, so any really large files will eventually start to choke... I can't speak to trying on one, but even on a full voltage cpu (my T902) running at nearly twice the speed of the S7S I start to get lag with certain brushes in large size canvases. It can be done, but you may have to put up with lag on your larger work. If you wanted to avoid that as much as possible, I would get a X230t, T902 or other full voltage computer with loads of ram and a good SSD for the scratch disk.

10. Bel

Bel Pen Pal - Newbie

I usually work within 2500x3500 at 300 dpi.

I'll look into those other tablets you mentioned, could they run this artdock as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.