How to replace swollen Battery on Vaio Z Canvas

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by moti n, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...You could tell them the battery got hot and burned you...>>

...Whereas it's perfectly OK to discuss a legitimate gripe about a product and what one might do about it, it's not OK to suggest courses of action that are dishonest or that constitute fraud or misrepresentation. Let's avoid that kind of talk in the future, shall we...?

moti n likes this.
  2. jbaks

jbaks Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you may be misconstruing my words there stevey. My thinking is more along the lines of its dangerous in any circumstances to have a lithium battery failing to such an extent to where it can indeed cause harm to people or property e.g start a house fire.

I wouldnt call this fraud in any way when the company is wholly responsible for a dangerous defect in one of there products. Its just like what happened with note 7.

Anyway youve been good to me and I didnt mean to to be so unthoughtfull with my words. I will be more conscious of my wording in the future.

I suppose I was joking a bit, im in the US so we do this once in awhile. I actually love vaio and there support and want them to put out more products but when theres a serious issue it needs to be handled. I also want people to enjoy there canvas's like I do.

I dont mean to keep pushing the subject also but When I think of a legitimate gripe I think of backlight bleed or motherboard whine. This is a dangérous defect when it involves failing lithium especially on flights. In my opinion it needs to be addressed as such.

I would toss it up to missuse if it was just this one owner but it looks like there is two people here with the same failing lithium which is kinda scary.

Iv been dealing with electronics all my lifes on forums but im sure you have even more then me so I will make sure to let you handle these circumstances in future unless you think otherwise.

Were all greatfull for steves expertise in these situations and matters and Im sure steve can get something going with these sorts of problems.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you very much as such ill need much luck in gaining somthing our of it so i think i am going to spend my time trying to get a battery or repair it and not to talk to vaio guys in the us as they wont help/

4. jbaks

jbaks Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats so unbelievable that could happen on this premium machine. Was it second hand. where did you buy it. Were you using it unplugged alot, were you using it in any hot envirements like outside alot?

I know none of these situations warrant a battery failing but Id like to know if there was something you were doing to it that was a precursor to the batter failing.

5. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi thanks maybe someone can help me with getting the battery fixed I am so upset and feel no more hopes for my lovely unit.

Bought it direct at Microsft store 1.1 years ago.

Plugged 85 % always at home cooked place or at hotel rooms while travel.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jbaks

jbaks Pen Pal - Newbie

you said you travel with it, was it inside a hot bag for any amount of time. Did you ever bang it by accident while using hotels? Its real easy to drop something or bang something especially when you have all your luggage your carrying up to hotel rooms and not even know it.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

shouldn't accidentally banging it as you described be within normal operational limits?

8. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

gd mrng no ban no fall nothing just some issue with battery or maybe other part in the lap top itslef

9. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear a bbb complaint was filed.

Email confirmation from them was received now I have heard they come back to customers very often sorry very quick so I'll wait and update you thank you for your support and care till now

10. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

One more update just to make as much information as I can so other people can enjoy the information I have found on the FCC website the maker of my battery you want to believe it but it's Sony Taiwan I have communicated today with them and apparently they are saying it is not their product but it's Sony Japan I have spoken to them also and managed to get an email address of Sony energy and someone spoke to me in English and asked me to send an email to him which I did since this morning I have not received any reply from him I'll update