How to replace swollen Battery on Vaio Z Canvas

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by moti n, Jul 8, 2017.

1. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess you know Chris maybe you could help a bit more to and out of country fellow mate ? Maybe talk to him pls ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Sorry, just happen to know his name. It's up to you to work this out with VAIO.

3. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

It's understood. I have sent email let's see what they reply tmrw thanks till now.

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I realized that mine is swollen as well thanks to this thread. The symptoms are in the lower right side, where the bezel is elevated, and there is a thick horizontal line of light bleed which spans approximately the width of the battery.

Contacted Vaio as well, but I am not very hopeful. All this will probably amount to is unequivocally saving me the trouble of selling it when I move on to a different device. Between the pen cursor issues, the pen cap breaking ridiculously easily, the huge fire sale discounts that came a mere 4 months after having preordered it, and now the swollen battery, this device has ended up being such a $2600 disappointment in my particular case.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  5. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

gd mrng thanks your comments sadly i am unhappy at all 0- used to be a big fan of son vaio if i go down to the server room and take a photo for you all you wont believe how many models at my side and all vaios

i can see to protect them this had never happens to me when it was Sony.

now its night time in us i hope when the morning comes i can have some news from them

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2017
  6. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

Spoke with VAIO USA answer I got is amazing please send the laptop back to us and we will examine it and give you an estimate of the repair I have explained to them that I had to take the battery out in order to save the LCD from breaking they don't care they can't give me any estimate and they're expecting that I would pay shipping from my country to the USA and then back from USA to my country without knowing any estimate for the repair totally unbelievable customer service I've asked to speak to somebody in a higher position but have been told that he's not available and that the answer I would get is the same answer they gave.

7. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

Some update I have communicated with Viao cooperation in hq Japan Nagano their English is very nice and surprising they are talking with same protocol in rgds to repair with no possibility to purchase the battery and more harder asking a local office or contact to talk to them and they won't send the unit back to me only to local office. I have asked a company I work with to help me let's see.

8. shin3314

shin3314 Pen Pal - Newbie

moti n,

are you able to power on the tablet without the battery? Always wondered if i could use it as a desktop if the battery is spoilt .

9. moti n

moti n Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes this the max luck till now. Been able to work but make sure u are connected to a ups or any minute if an electric storage raise u are off.

10. shin3314

shin3314 Pen Pal - Newbie

moti n,

can you try playing games with it? I ask this because when you are on performance mode and playing games, even with the battery at 100% and charging, it will slowly drain down to 0% eventually if you are on performance mode and playing games.