How to replace swollen Battery on Vaio Z Canvas

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by moti n, Jul 8, 2017.

1. theKM

theKM Pen Pal - Newbie

I've found some lithium cells that will fit the battery frame, and pretty close to the same capacity (3800mah, stock is 4000mah)... I'll be replacing them in my Canvas as soon as they turn up from China. If all goes well, I should be able to do the same for other people's batteries if desired... would be a lot cheaper than what Vaio wants to do for us :)

Will see how some new cells do anyways. If there's interest I'll get a few extra cell sets.

Regarding heat being the issue... what annoys lithium packs is over charging, discharging, and for some, long term storage at 100% (it's what that battery saver option was made for, to keep the pack at a long-term-happiness voltage).

Marty and Steve S like this.
  2. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow thats amazing, please let us know how the procedure goes and take pictures!

3. theKM

theKM Pen Pal - Newbie

Cells I found are about as much as you can fit in the plastic battery frame... all wired up, canvas just put them through a charge cycle, seems to work. Just need to tape these up and screw it all back in (all just sitting loose for testing).

Attached Files:

Marty, jbaks and Steve S like this.
  4. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

amazing thx for showing this, maybe more people can attempt this. Do you have link to the batteries?