How to replace swollen Battery on Vaio Z Canvas

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by moti n, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Tallen00001

Tallen00001 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice quote. Did you buy a battery from them?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Did you buy a battery from them?..>>

Already answered. Let's move this discussion past this and on to more productive issues...

<<...test5073, Post #83: I was able to have them ship the replacement battery and the gasket for about $240...>>

test5073 likes this.
  3. ANDYlai

ANDYlai Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, same case here, my canvas case now expanded since swollen battery, and

I bought this canvas in 2016 from amazon and I am from hong kong, it is difficult to ship to US even they can replace a new battery and (cost US1500? Wtf)

As I use this canvas as a desktop replacement and wont bring this go out, can I just make this simply to remove the battery and just use the adaptor to work on it? Many thanks

4. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

These wild quotes are confusing. Mine was in the $300's. They fixed it and I was lucky I used Amex who covered me. They are not going to last long with this type of service or non-service.
    And BTW, I used it as a desktop replacement too. The problem was identified a few pages back, leaving it connected all the time is bad for the battery. I didn't know that. Mine was connected all the time, and I'm sure that's how mine was swollen as well.

5. ANDYlai

ANDYlai Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for yr prompt reply, i used to run as 7x24 as desktop replacement. Do you know if I can remove the battery and only work with ac adaptor is ok or not?

6. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know, but I don't see why not. I remember I used to do that with a dell laptop and worked. And if you're not going to send it in, then why not try it.

7. ANDYlai

ANDYlai Pen Pal - Newbie

I used lenovo laptop as desktop replacement also before using this vaio, and i can remove the battery easily since it was easily removable and just using ac adaptor, and this time vaio's battery built internally and not assume us to remove, so I am wondering is still work if remove by us and just rely on ac adaptor

8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

@ANDYlai Yes, it will run without battery.

9. ANDYlai

ANDYlai Pen Pal - Newbie

@stormi thanks a lot, let me ask others to help on this, many thanks

10. davystein3

davystein3 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I have the same battery swell as everyone else. I am planning to sell this Vaio Z Canvas. Shall I sell "as-is" or should I try to get it repaired? Has anyone else sent in for an estimate? Is $1500 still the cost for battery repair?